I live in h/a property. I've been trying to get a swap for over a year with no luck — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I live in h/a property. I've been trying to get a swap for over a year with no luck


  • Taz72
    Taz72 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Hi I have mental health disability I suffer from anxiety depression and borderline personality disorder.i love in h/a property iv been trying to get a swap for over a year with no luck I'm stuck in an area with no family or friends for support ..I can't go out on my own n my housing officer is useless iv tried to see if I could register with council to area I want to move to as my family arme there but coz I haven't lived or worked there for two years I don't qualify I'm on every exchange site almost and home swapper please could you help I live in coventry and am trying to move back home to Buckinghamshire nearer my family ..thanks
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Dear Taz72,

    Thanks for your question.
    You will have a local connection if you have close family who have lived in the area for at least five years. Close family is usually limited to your mother, father, siblings or children. You may have a local connection if you were brought up in the area by a different family member such as an aunt, uncle or grandparent.
    It sounds as though it would be a good idea to get some local housing advice and someone to help you make a case for local connection (if you have one). You can find some help at the Coventry Law Centre. It's worth getting in touch with them to see if they can help in the first instance. http://covlaw.org.uk/index.html. You can also try Willenhaw Advice Centre if you live South East Coventry http://www.willenhalladvicecentre.co.uk/. If you live in North East Coventry you can try contacting Wood End Advice & Information Centre Ltd http://www.weaic.org/.
    If you are unable to get the help you need from those services then try your local Citizen's Advice Bureau, they may have a housing adviser who can provide you with some advice about this.

    I hope this information is useful and that you're able to get some local advice.

    Kind regards


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.