Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Looking after a friend's child with Cerebral Palsy
Hello all I recently quit my teaching job of 15 years. I now am watching a 15 month old little girl who has CP. I am a long time family friend of the mother and grandmother. It's been one week Im learning about her and suggestions mom has given me. Child cries througout the 5 hours I watch her 3 times a week. She will calm when she wants to nap. I hope I am not offending anyone by joining here. I just wanted to join the journey with the family I will not give up on watching her.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.