Assessment for direct payment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Assessment for direct payment

Riga Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2019 in Cerebral palsy
I live on my own and social services say I do not meet the needs for direct payment.  As I can get out of bed and make a drink.  I have cerebral palsy and need help around the home and cut up food.  My mother passed away so I do not have support.  Social Services don't use Face Assessment form.  I would like feedback if anyone gets direct payment and how the social worker do assessment.


  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Riga and welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear you to not meet the needs for direct payment. Did you have an assessment? 

    To start this process you need to contact social services and request a needs assessment. Or, you can request your own needs assessment which usually is quicker if you don’t already have a social worker. A needs assessment basically is just about seeing what support you would benefit from. For myself, it involved support with daily tasks like cooking and washing.

    I hope this helps :)

  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Riga, how are you getting on?

  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected
    There are a number of options. First option is to call your local council’s social services team to request a care needs assessment. Do you have a social worker or not? If not you can ask for a needs assessment yourself. The whole point is to figure out whst you need support with. For me, this included support with mobility. 
  • Riga
    Riga Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thank you for your post reply.  I did have an assessment done last year and telephone assessment few weeks ago.  They said I didn't meet the criteria and suggested community meals.  Also, the well being services.  I have lived on my own for many years with support from my mother unfortunately  passed away and recently my brother has moved away from the area.  I need support around the home.  What do you mean support with mobility?  In the home or going out?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.