Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hip pain in Hemiplegia CP
For many years after walking for awhile my hip on my affected side starts to really hurt. I also find I struggle to walk all together with burning pains in both legs and struggling to move them. I have to hold on to something to walk. Hence seeking help from the Wheelchair Service. Yesterday I had a visit from a physiotherapist. She says I have a weak hip with muscles that are not doing much for me. My hamstring is very tight. She also discovered a 2 cm discrepancy in leg length. She says usually all the muscles in hemiplegic’s hips are tight. Has given me some exercises and referred me to orthotics for their opinion. Possible shoe raise or back in leg splints! I have noticed that my hemi foot has started turning outwards. I did have an operation to get me out of leg splints when I was 12 and haven’t been in a leg splint since I was 14.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.