Hi, I'm sue40! How long does it take to get a decision following a PIP telephone assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm sue40! How long does it take to get a decision following a PIP telephone assessment?

Options
sue40
sue40 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was wondering how long it takes for a pip decision after a telephone assessment, I applied for pip in summer 2020 had my phone assessment on 18th January but still not heard anything and I can’t get through on the phone to them to ask what’s happening 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome it can take a while up to 8 weeks or more depending on backlogs 
  • sue40
    Options
    Thank you, I forgot to say I had also got a letter from them around 25 January saying they had everything they needed to male a decision that’s why I thought I’d have heard by now
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    welcome to scope
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sue40 and welcome to our community.

Hopefully it won't be too long now before you receive a decision.  Please do let us know how it goes and good luck.  Also as not to confuse, I've moved your post over to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board incase you are wondering why it's seemingly walked  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • sue40
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome, I just phoned pip and the person I spoke to said an award letter was just sent today so he can’t view what it says for 24 hours, does award letter mean I’ll be getting it, I don’t know but I would think if it was a refusal he would’ve said a decision letter, am I wrong in my thinking  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wouldn't place any reliance on the choice of award or decision buy the telephone operative. (In any case presumably if they can't see the letter they can't know whether there is an award or not.) If you have been given an award the money may arrive in your bank account before the letter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sue40
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.