Lcwra backpay. Still waiting for a payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra backpay. Still waiting for a payment

Options
jo3791
jo3791 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited May 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, just wondered if anyone could help. I started a claim of UC in Dec 2018 due to an ongoing health condition and handed in sick notes from then. In September 2019 I was sent for work capability assessment and received the decision in Nov that I was fit for work and were unable to accept any further sick notes from me despite awaiting surgery. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and again they said I was fit for work so I put in for an appeal against the decision and a year later (March 2021) I finally had my tribunal appeal and was awarded 15 points on the mobility section and put into the lcwra group and my payment on UC adjusted. I just wanted to know if I would be entiltled to backpay as the original decision was set aside and if I’d be entitled to any backpay. Thanks 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should be entitled to arrears backdated to your fourth UC payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jo3791
    Options
    Thank you, would that still be the case as they stopped accepting my sick notes? I’ve had no letters from dwp as of yet or notes on my journal since I received the decision from the tribunal, just the adjustment on how much I get on UC. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If they told you to stop sending for notes then yes make sure you have proof of this 

The same happened to me I was told to stop sending them as they had made their decision  . 

I got back pay after being awarded by tribunal it was backdated 14 months 
  • jo3791
    Options
    Thank you Janer, I’ll make sure of proof now. How long does it usually take to hear back from them and would it be by letter? I know it’s only been 2 weeks and with the Easter holidays I wasn’t expecting to hear anything yet 
  • janer1967
    Options
    You will get a letter in your journal 

Back pay took about 6 weeks i rang after 6 weeks they calculated it which was incorrect so went through it they paid it next day 

Make sure you do your own estimate what they owe you 
  • jo3791
    Options
    I shall do that, so it would be from my 4th universal credit payment period?  
  • janer1967
    Options
    Yes 4 pay periods after you reported the condition 

Jyst work out rough estimate 

I got mine to 3.5 k they said 1.5 k they said I had an overpayment in that period for child element but it was wrong so they did it again and was right in the end 
  • jo3791
    Options
    Ok, thank you for all your help :) 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Your welcome let us know how it goes 
  • jo3791
    Options
    I will do that  :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jo3791!

Great to see that you've already got some help on your first post. As janer1967 says, do let us know how you get on with that.

And if there's anything else that you would like to ask, or if we can be of any further help, just give us a shout :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jo3791
    Options
    Thank you Caz and will update you all when I hear anything :) 
  • jo3791
    Options
    Just a quick update, I put a note on my journal last week and received a call a few days later from them telling me I have been awarded backpay from May 2019 and it’s now been passed across to the debt management team to take off an overpayment but there is apparently no timescale on how long this will take and when I’ll receive my payment 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Thanks for the update 

We're you aware of the overpayment they are deducting ? 

It can take a few weeks but hopefully you will get your back pay soon
  • jo3791
    Options
    Yes janer, it was one that was already being deducted from my universal credit and thank you :) hopefully not too much longer 
  • jo3791
    Options
    Just another quick update I received a letter from them dated the 28th saying how much I’d been awarded and they would pay me as soon as they could but still waiting for the payment 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.