I am so confused about Pip tribunal appeal. I need to respond with my comments on DWP response — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am so confused about Pip tribunal appeal. I need to respond with my comments on DWP response

Options
sehar
sehar Community member Posts: 22 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can someone help me with tribunal appeal. I am so confused. I need to respond to the tribunal with my comments on dwp response. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to focus on making sure you have provided enough evidence to explain why you are entitled to PIP. Commenting on what DWP have said is not necessarily helpful and can be a huge distraction/diversion from what actually needs to be done.
    If you are not sure how to proceed have you checked to see whether you can obtain advice/support? https://advicelocal.uk
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sehar
    Options
    Stoke on Trent 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    @sehar How are you getting on? Did you try using the link for advicelocal that calcotti suggested? And have you managed to get any help with preparing your appeal as yet?

Now that you've mentioned about living in Stoke on Trent, I've had a quick look online to see what services might be available in your area. I did find this organisation, Disability Solutions West Midlands. According to their website, their support and advice service is available Mondays to Thursdays, between 10:00 and 2:30pm and you can contact them on this number, 01782 638300, or via email at this address cw@disability-solutions.net.

Also, you might want to have a look at the Turn2Us webpage on the tribunal appeals process. Hopefully, that might help to get you started on next steps for you tribunal appeal, if you haven't done so yet.

Hope that's useful to you. Of course, our other community members may have more advice to offer. So, please do come back to us if you need some more help. 

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sehar
    Options
    Thanks a lot. I’ve tried disablity solutions but they don’t pik up. I will try the other link
  • sehar
    Options
    Hi, everyone 
    i had my tribunal hearing today which lasted got few minutes and judge just told me that my hearing is going to be adjourned and gave me a warning about taking away points from the daily living part which I already been awarded. They sent me dwp response in the start of the may 21 and sent me a hearing date on 25/05/21 which was pretty surprising as they kept mentioning that hearing could take several months and i was trying to get help from professionals which i couldn’t get but after having the hearing date i gather further evidences whatever i could do and sent them next day recorded delivery they received but didn’t scanned on the system so i called on the number just to make sure if my evidences is been added to the other paperwork then i have been told to send evidences again by email which i sent again but today after doing so stressful work i got answer that I might be taken away what i have already got I don’t think so panel has considered my further evidences. I am very upset and distressed. Can anyone help?
  • sehar
    Options
    CAB don’t help with tribunal hearings
  • sehar
    Options
    I have asked them they refused to help and told me to ask help from disability solutions but they didn’t respond me on time ☹️
  • sehar
    Options
    Do you think I should really ho further with this warning?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.