Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, I'm dollydaydream (my Dads nickname for me as a kid ) and I'm really struggling. I have been disabled for a while now but, in the last 6 months, my mobility has gone downhill fast. I can't even walk to my car now, and I couldn't drive it anyway. I feel so isolated. My husband's great but he works full-time so most days I see no-one all day. To be fair when he does suggest going out I won't go because I don't want anyone to see me like this. My problems have now started to effect my hands so the hobbies I did have are no longer possible, knitting, sewing, embroidery, etc. All I seem to have left is reading. God I've just read back what I've written and I sound like a total whinger! I know there are a lot worse of than I am. I try to stay positive but sometimes it so hard.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.