PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Newb. Fresh claim.

daisy1838daisy1838 Member Posts: 4 Listener
Applied 11th of may. They’ve now received my forms. I tried my best to fill them in as good as I could from reading online. If any of you would like to see I can send you them? 

It’s all mental health based. I was in an abusive situation for over 10 years and there’s not really any supportive evidence until December of last year when I reached out to my dr. It’s only now I’m admitting I have agoraphobia, and now ptsd. I know I’m out of the situation I was in but I spend most of my days barely existing, I can’t wait for it all to get better. 

I have explained this in the extra information part. Will this go against me? 

Thanks for reading 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome 

Sorry to hear what you have been through 

Pip is all about your functionality to complete the tasks as detailed on your form 

The best way is to give real examples of what happened last time you tried to do task 

Putting extra info at the end won't go against you 

Be prepared for a long wait tho for assessment as many people who applied in Dec are still waiting 

You might be lucky depends on your area 

Good luck keep us updated 
  • daisy1838daisy1838 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I think this is the worst I’ve ever been. I had a total break down in December but I’m determined to get my life back. 

I’ve lost so much weight I’m just a constant wreck. 

I’m on NI so it’s a waiting game. Thanks for your response and I hope you’re having a good evening 
Sign in or join us to comment.