How long after a PIP assessment does a decision be made for a change of circumstances? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after a PIP assessment does a decision be made for a change of circumstances?

Options
shadyswife1
shadyswife1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey

How long after PIP assessment does a decision be made for a change of a circumstances ? My report was received the same day? 

Comments

• mariequirk
    mariequirk Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Pip take as long as they like basically. They have a big back log which isn’t helpful to us. I missed my pop call as I was caught short. They refused to speak to me 6 minutes later and have now put me to back of the list. I think the way they operate is totally unacceptable. But guess what the dwp can do as they feel regardless as to how your feeling or struggling. I don’t have good words for them. They need to treat us as humans not a pay rise. I hope you all get what you need. X
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It is taking around 8 to 10 weeks for decision currently 

But there are no fixed timescales it is just a waiting game I'm afraid 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well said Mike, people are too quick to jump down the throats of the DWP who as you rightly say have been working under immense pressure, they do not deserve to be criticised especially when it's the private companies that are causing the problem.
    It's far from ideal that claims are taking longer than claimants expect but thats just how it is for now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Every where is the same we just need to have patience these days and think of others this is going to be life for a whilst 
  • shadyswife1
    shadyswife1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    I can completely understand but i have been waiting since last year when i first did the change of circumstance and as much as its easy to say be patient. i have spent the best part of a year (aside from lockdowns) being unable to leave my flat due to not having the money to afford cabs etc. thanks for all comments.
    Good luck to all. 
  • Faith2008
    Faith2008 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    I’m completely new to benefits snd DWP but I have been waiting just over three months after sending in my form and I haven’t heard back yet. It’s like holding your breath it would be nice to have a set time to hear back from them. I haven’t had an assessment yet so I don’t have any advice but just try not to think about it and you will be contacted soon I’m sure. It’s frustrating but I think they must have a lot of applications to sort out. Good luck and I hope you hear good news for you. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Faith2008 said:
    I’m completely new to benefits snd DWP but I have been waiting just over three months after sending in my form and I haven’t heard back yet. It’s like holding your breath it would be nice to have a set time to hear back from them.
    As numerous threads on the forum attest there are long delays to the process at the moment. Many claims are making up to 10 months. This is due to disruption caused by the events of the last eighteen months.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The problem remains that the search on this site is so dire that it’s hard for people to know there are numerous threads.
    To be fair I find searching on other discussion forums very difficult too.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @shadyswife1 :) I'm sorry to hear about your wait, and that you haven't been able to leave your flat. Have you been able to get all of the items you need, such as food? Do you know anyone, perhaps with a car, who'd be able to help you get out and about? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.