Has anyone seen a mental health nurse before? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone seen a mental health nurse before?

Options
Hugo51
Hugo51 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
hi , any one ever seen one before? 
I have appointment tomorrow with one for first time and anxious about it 

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome,

I have Autism and Schizophrenia so I have been under a mental health nurse most of my life, do you have any specific questions about them? They are usually quite nice, and can help with almost anything. My last CPN was fantastic and new more about me than I did, and was like my personal secretary as she sorted everything out for me, even doing my PIP for me after refusing for so many years.

Feel free to ask any questions, but you should be fine. goodluck tomorrow.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Hugo51
    Options
    @rubin16 thanks for that, seeing her for mental health issues, how long will appointment last do you think?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Hugo51

Good to hear from you, and thanks for asking this question. 

I do hope your meeting with the mental health nurse goes well tomorrow :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I have a mental health nurse every one sees there’s for different time lengths and different amounts of times . Because I have just got out of hospital my nurse sees me weekly she usually comes to my house and stays bout a hour . Good luck let us know how it went x 
  • Hugo51
    Options
    It went well, she was great and advised me I should be receiving PiP and are going to help me with it ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good to hear it went well @Hugo51, thanks for the update
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great @Hugo51, I'm glad it went well :) If you have any questions about PIP, please feel free to head over to our PIP category.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.