Hi, my name is MichelleH74! My PIP application was refused, I had Covid at the time of my assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MichelleH74! My PIP application was refused, I had Covid at the time of my assessment

Options
MichelleH74
MichelleH74 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My PIP application was refused as I had Covid at the time of my telephone assessment back in November2021,that was stated as one of the reasons for refusal,I'm still suffering the effects of Covid,but I have occupational asthma,which is getting worse,amongst other health issues,can I still ask for a mandatory reconsideration or is it too late??I'm getting sicker by the day!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You have 13 months to request the MR but you'll need to give a good reason why you didn't request it within the first month.
    I also note you said this..
    I'm getting sicker by the day!
    They won't take into consideration a worsening of condition. They will look at how your conditions affected you at the time the decision was made. The same applies with a Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @MichelleH74, I wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the community, it's good to have you aboard. 

Sorry to hear that you haven't been well recently, and that you are getting "sicker by the day" as you described in your post. Have you paid a visit to your GP to see if they can support you at all with how you have been feeling lately?

I hope the reply above from Poppy has been helpful, do you think you will go down the route of a MR? I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category where you will find plenty of other related discussions to get involved with.

Additionally, please feel free to have a browse of the rest of the community and take part in any discussions that take your fancy, and if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.