Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

benefit payments

Options
tery
tery Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I have been talking to poppy regarding mainly rent payments,could I be connected to poppy please

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you mean @poppy123456 ? if so then just add @poppy123456 to your post and she might get it.

2024 Election won

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tery :) As woodbine has said, you can tag another member to draw something to their attention by writing @ and then their username. Once you have 25 points, you can privately message other members. You can gain points by posting, commenting, and having people react to your posts and comments, for example. 

If you have a question about rent payments, I'm sure many of our members would be happy to help out. Would you feel comfortable telling us a little more about your situation?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm sorry but i don't remember talking to you about any rent payments. The last time you posted was quite sometime ago regarding a PIP assessment.
    I'm sure someone can help if you could give some information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tery
    tery Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    poppy you sent a message asking me to send the payment statements, I only contacted you last week.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,052 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    You have me confused with someone else. I definitely didn't ask you to do this, i have  no idea what payment statements you're talking about. The only other thread you've posted here is regarding PIP which was back in 2020. See link. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/73731/pip#latest I definitely haven't had any other contact with you.
    Do you have another username that you post under here? Although i haven't been in contact with anyone here asking them to send any payment statements. I don't advise anyone through private message.
    If you need advice regarding something then you can post it here and i'm sure someone will advise you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.