PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

tery
tery Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Good morning, I have just been awarde pip at the lowest. I had a telephone assessment and to be honest I went to pieces, I have suffered with mental health problems for many years and take SERTRALINE, I received the decision makers report and it bears no resemblance to what was stated in the telephone assessment, She wriote that I was calm, not anxious and not hostile,but I was all of those things, Why do these people tell lies to stop us getting the help we need, I have worked for the past 12 yrs but have had to stop because I have other medical problems, ie- osteoarthritis in both legs, a burst disc in the spine and also I have 4 trapped nerves in the spine which causes severe leg spasms. None of this was mentioned in the decision. Just makes my blood boil.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    HI and welcome,

If you're not happy with the decision then you have 1 month from that date to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) You should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points, then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You state you were awarded it at the lowest, but there's 2 parts to PIP, daily living and mobility at either standard rate or Enhanced rate, which part were you awarded?

Please also remember that PIP isn't awarded because you are unable to work. People claim PIP and work.

Although there were "lies" told, have you looked to see if it's possible to score anymore points? If it's not possible then there's very little point in requesting the MR. Descriptors are here. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Documents/Advice (public)/PIP – table of activities, descriptors and points.pdf

I'd also advise you to get further advise before requesting the MR, for this start here. https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tery and welcome to the community! Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tery welcome to the community, I am sorry you have not been awarded the PIP you think is adequate and as above you can now put in a MR  and see if they will change the decision

Let us know how you get on
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    dont give up tery there are a lot of good people on here who am sure will help and guide you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.