Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

I recived the cost of living payment

Options
Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
Hi to all,

I recived the cost of living payment I was sent a text before I recived an email and because of this I was cautious it might have been a scam because their was a link to click on it did say Gov UK but until I recived the email I was unsure.

Did this happen to anyone Else 🤔 
I have my Heart ❤️ Scan in the morning I cannot sleep hence why I am on here.

Sparklebright63.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,031 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The text wasn’t a scam because i received one. Didn’t receive an email but they don’t know my email address so they couldn’t have sent one. I’d say it’s unlikely to be a scam. 
    It doesn’t matter now anyway because you received your money.
    Good luck for the scan today. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good news about the payment @Sparklebright63 :)

I hope your scan goes well! We'll see you on the other side.

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi Tori-Scope,

I Went for my scan today got their for 8.30 and didn't come out while 10.30 I had my scan at 9.30 got an email from the Cardiologist at 10 saying I need to have An Echo Scan
    they R sending me an appointment to have a heart scan.

Thn I presume I will see the cardiologist after the scan to find out what the problem is today when I had the the finger monitor on it was going haywire from 12 to 20 or more and bleeping to say the least freaked me out.

Sparklebright63.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright63 good luck with you further tests and results
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know how it went @Sparklebright63 :) It sounds like things are moving in the right direction, fingers crossed!

• Floydiee1995
    Floydiee1995 Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    Options
    Hi all! 

Still at a crossroads with my first payment! Never received the first payment and did the online form on the 1st August. Had a letter in my journal on the 9th August saying the can see I did not receive the first payment and I am entitled and to expect payment in September. 

So here we are now the 6th October and still have not received anything… I phone them this morning and said case manager would get back to me regarding this and literally said in my journal they can’t determine when or not I will receive the payment and my eligibility but I have a letter on my journal!!! 

Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem with being told they would receive and still haven’t.  
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I can see you've made a separate post about this, which is great to see @Floydiee1995 :) 

• Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi to you all,
    Thankyou for your loverly replies I don't get to go for my Echo scan for 7 months which is a long time I thought they would have done it sooner than that they R very slow especially when I've previously had these problems before 2 years ago and they didn't listen to me untill I went back to the doctors.

Sparklebright63.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Thinking optimistically, perhaps that's a positive sign @Sparklebright63? I'd assume (hope) that if it was something that needed to be urgently addressed, they'd have fast tracked you for the next scan. 

• Sparklebright63
    Options
    Tori -Scope

Yes but thar leaves me more time to be anxious about what is going to be and dosnt help when I have been diagnosed with pstd and have many health problems already just makes me feel more broken 💔 than I already am.
    So results in more Stress was trying to stay positive and just feel worse now than I did before.

Sparklebright63.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    That's understandable @Sparklebright63. Do you have any plans for how you could try and take your mind off of things in the meantime?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.