Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

The RSA motability won't insure me due to a conviction, can I do anything?

Options
sarahbroughton
sarahbroughton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2022 in Transport and travel
Hi i was the named driver on the scheme for 7 years last year i had a car accident after 20 mins of an altacation i left the scene i was charged with failing to stop at an accident the rsa will not insure me due to this conviction i plead guilty to this after seeking legal advise from a solicitor this as resulted in no car for my daughter who highly depends on this any advice please
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,124 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that because you were charged with failing to stop which is quite serious. Have motability banned you for a certain length of time?
    Are you able to use the mobility payment to buy a vehicle? or do you have someone else that can be a named driver instead of you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sarahbroughton
    sarahbroughton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Banned for 4 year and dont have anither driver i was charged but stopped for over 20 mins
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,124 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Then your only other option would be to buy your own car.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to our community, how are you today?

Thank you for telling us about your situation and I'm sorry we can't be of further help at this time. I've moved your thread to our Transport category and tweaked the title to help others spot it and reply if they have any other suggestions.

I'm also going to email you shortly, so please keep an eye out for that. Thank you and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.