Carers element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers element

Options
bigaxedwarf
bigaxedwarf Community member Posts: 73 Listener
Hi I’m wondering can my partner get cares element if universal credit pay £369 for my housing costs  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,762 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've answered your question on carers element a few times in other threads of yours. Claiming help with your rent will not affect entitlement to carers element for your partner, the same as your partner working, none of those affect their entitlement to carers element.
    In a previous thread when i did the figures for you, you said you weren't claiming any help with the rent. Now you say you do, this means that the figures i did for you in this thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/99116/ive-moved-in-with-my-partner-will-i-still-get-lcwra/p1 are incorrect because i didn't include help with the rent and the work allowance figure i used was £573/month.
    Regardless, your partner needs to report a change of circumstances and tell them they care for you for at least 35 hours per week. You will then have the carers element included in your maximum UC entitlement.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bigaxedwarf
    Options
    Thank you for your help I’m confused myself to be honest 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your partner needs to log into their journal, then "report a change of circumstances by clicking that button" then report being your carer. On your next statement you should see the carers element included.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bigaxedwarf
    Options
    Thank you 🥰
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you need any further support @bigaxedwarf please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • bigaxedwarf
    Options
    Thank you so much does the person at uc need to do anything for it to be approved if he has reported a change or does it get included automatically 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It needs to be checked and approved. The element should be included in your next statement.
  • bigaxedwarf
    Options
    Thank you will they let you know when they have check it or is it a case of just waiting sorry for all the questions 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I think you'll receive a letter on your journal and then it will just be added to your next statement but you'll need check that it's include once you have that statement.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.