UC Risk review team — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC Risk review team

Options
life
life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
Just going to put this here for anyone wondering what it is or what's going to happen if they contact you.

(Was looking for more information on who they are but not got much luck).

This what happened to me so far.

I sent new tenancy agreement in my UC journal as my rent went up by £100. Next day I got sent this in my journal, 

Hello     .  This is the UC Risk Review Team. We need to conduct a review of the information on your Universal Credit claim.   We will need to speak to you  . You should not ignore this message. We will contact you by phone  today  Thursday  08/12/2022  at 13.00 pm                    
The call may appear on your phone as a withheld or 0800 number. 
I will aim to call you at the time stated but please note the call may be made to you within a two hour time period between 13:00 pm   and 15:00pm  Please ensure your contact details are up to date on your account.  
If we are unable to speak to you, your claim will be suspended, your claim being closed and any overpayment being recovered from you.

On this call we may ask you to provide additional evidence to confirm your entitlement to Universal Credit.  You may need to provide any further documentation according to your circumstances.  We will explain what documents you will need to provide on the call.  If you are working at the time the call is scheduled for, please tell us via your Journal when we can call you

Comments

• life
    Options
    Then after the call this was written in my journal

Attended:
    E-BIO Interview by phone
    Thursday 8 December 2022 at 1:00pm by phone
  • life
    Options
    Followed by this,

This is UC Risk Review Team contacting you about your claim to Universal Credit . Following our telephone conversation today 08/12/2022 please upload the following documents for verification
    1) Tenancy Agreement with details of the rent and signatures of yourself and landlord ( please note that we do not accept unsigned tenancy Agreements as they are not legally binding )
    2) An official letter from either your GP or NHS with your name and address on it.
    You must upload the documents within 14 days. A to-do link has been created for you in your UC account to upload the required documents
    Thank you
  • life
    Options
    I'll be uploading these documents tomorrow but I find this weird. Especially the part where they say they'll suspend, claim being closed or I'll have to pay back any overpayment. 

I'm glad I didn't miss the call because it sounds like they would have closed my UC account.

All they really asked on the call was information on me name, date of birth, address etc. 

• life
    Options
    The information I've gathered on the UC Risk review team is that they work in the fraud department. 

Anyway any information always welcome other than that I'll just see what happens next

Thanks 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    During the Covid pandemic UC relaxed the rules on claiming and unfortunately many millions of pounds got claimed fraudulently. As part or plans made last year, the UC risk review team recruited further staff to check claims, as long as everything you have said is correct you really have nothing to worry about. 

I hope you get cleared soon.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The 'risk' in the heading is risk to the public purse from incorrect claims rather than risk to the claimant.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • life
    Options
    @bg844 and @calcotti thanks for the info. I was transferred over from ESA so I just assumed they knew all my information already. But that's understandable thanks again 👍
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,824 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They wouldn't have known anything about your rent because ESA didn't include money for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • potnoodle
    potnoodle Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hey life - this actually happened to me recently too. My rent was put up and they needed all these proofs - some of which were stressful to obtain. It seems to all have been accepted now, so I'm hoping there won't be any further stress.
  • life
    Options
    Update

Message to my UC journal yesterday

This is UC Risk Review Team
     contacting you about your claim to
     Universal Credit.  

Thank you for uploading your housing
    evidence. Please be aware a full
     review can take a little while.
     We will contact you again if we 
    require  further  evidence. 
    We apologise if this causes you
     any concern. If you have any
     questions about this, please
     leave a message in your journal and
     we will get back to you 
    Regards
  • life
    Options
    Update

Message to my UC journal today

Thank you for your time,
     the review is now complete
    and your claim will continue as 
    normal 
    Regards
  • life
    Options
    All sorted now I guess
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update. This may provide some reassurance to anybody else who gets contacted by the Risk Review team and comes across this thread.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • life
    Options
    Hopefully helps @calcotti 👍
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @life x
  • life
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you @life. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    life said:

I'm glad I didn't miss the call because it sounds like they would have closed my UC account.
    Good to see you've got it sorted now, seems like more hassle than it should be!  

Reading experiences like this are a major concern for me though.  I can't use phones, and was under the impression that everything to do with UC could be done online (unlike ESA).  I keep reading about phone calls or face to face interviews being necessary for UC, with immediate consequences for missing them.  I'm still on ESA but really not looking forward to the migration when I'm forced to!
  • life
    Options
    Thanks @L_Volunteer

To be fair @OverlyAnxious that was the first phonecall I've had from UC ( I did call them a couple of times) since I moved over from ESA. I moved march last year.

I probably shouldn't have stressed over it but you just never know especially when they say if you don't answer the UC could be stopped. 

Just had to upload documents but I've heard on another thread that they didn't upload documents ( bank statement) and there UC stopped so never too careful. And thanks I'm glad I got it sorted too 👍

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.