If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

universal credit has been suspended. Will I also have to reclaim for LCW?

Options
caitlin09120t
caitlin09120t Community member Posts: 3 Listener
just wondering if anyone can help me here, my universal credit has recently been stopped because i failed to do something in my journal (send off bank statements for an old account) my own fault but i couldn’t get them in time for the deadline so they’ve suspended my claim and i am having to make a reclaim, however i currently also get limited capability for work, would i also have to make a reclaim for this or is that a completely separate thing? worrying as my rent is due end of month so going to try and get it sorted asap. but ideally don’t want to have to go through the whole process of claiming limited capability all over again as it takes weeks/months

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    If the claim is ‘suspended’ the claim still exists but they have halted payments in which case it isn’t logic to have to make a new claim. Can you say exactly what you have been told you.

If you are being asked to make a new claim are you able to do this through your journal as a rapid reclaim?

Did you tell them that you couldn’t get the statements in time?

LCW is part of UC. You imply that you were getting money for this. There isn’t usually any money for LCW. Were you actually found to have LCWRA? Whichever it is, I think the LCW or LCWRA status should be maintained,

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • caitlin09120t
    caitlin09120t Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hello, I’ve been struggling with my mental health severely recently and failed to do something uc asked me to do a few weeks ago (my fault but I have bpd alongside depression and have been finding it hard recently to do anything), I’ve been told my uc has stopped and I will need to make a new claim. I also get lcwra and i am in the support group, i’m assuming i will probably have to undertake a whole assessment again to be able to get my lcwra back? i’m not sure if my lcwra is also stopping alongside my uc? or if they are separate. I know it’s my own fault so I’m taking consequences of my actions, however I just would like some advice regarding my lcwra because I know it takes a while to be rewarded with it
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,146 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Question was answered on your other thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/99594/universal-credit#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    In your new thread here
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/100040/lcwra-and-uc#latest
    you have said you have LCWRA.

If you have LCWRA you cannot be sanctioned for failing to do something but your claim will be stopped if they is some action required which goes to the root of your entitlement (such as proving your ID). If the claim is stopped that would be all of it including LCWRA.

Many claims opening during 2020 and 2021 are being checked because the normal claiming checks were eased to deal with the volume of claims.

What is that you were asked to do? 
    I infer that you have to progressed matters in the last couple of weeks.
    You may want to get assistance from a local advice agency
    https://advicelocal.uk

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,504 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @caitlin09120t :) I can see that poppy123456 and calcotti have given you some advice on this already. Has that helped to clear this up for you? 
    I’ve been struggling with my mental health severely recently
    As you've mentioned struggling with your mental health quite a lot recently, I just wanted to check in with you to see how you're feeling at the moment, and whether you're receiving any support to help you manage your mental health?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.