Hi everyone, I'm Neets — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone, I'm Neets

Neets
Neets Community member Posts: 93 Pioneering
Hey there
I recently joined Scope and its lovely to see a few things out there for people like me. I have Fibro and was diagnosed back in 2014. Gosh I can say that life has been very unpleasant if honest. But I would say this side of this year I have felt a little light at the end of the tunnels... ? as there is more than just one issue.

I started to draw a good few months ago and on the days I can hold a pencil I am enjoying it. This is one of my pieces and as Ive always loved the 1930's style. I thought I would create this.. Its funny as I am teaching myself  to draw I never feel I can do it... create something beautiful or how it might turn out.. Then the pencil starts to shade and colour across the page, I am often surprised once its finished as I cannot see it at first.

She is called: The Lady Who Could See Your Secrets

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That's brilliant and thanks for sharing 

Looks like you have found your talent and must be a good therapy too 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Neets - welcome to this friendly & supportive community, & thank you for joining, We have many members with Fibro, so you will find a lot of understanding. I hope that things are becoming a tad more positive for you now from what you say.
    I love art, but have no talent like yourself (it bypassed me, but went to my son & eldest grandchild). Eyes are so difficult to draw, but you have captured it beautifully. We have a thread called 'Kaleidoscope' in our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where members share about their art & crafts; perhaps you would like to have a look, & upload some of your drawings any time. Please see: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/41283/kaleidoscope-our-own-gallery-for-members-art-work-crafts-and-photographs#latest     There are several pages of posts to look through....
    I look forward to seeing you around the forum, & hope you enjoy being part of this group. :)
  • Neets
    janer1967 said:
    That's brilliant and thanks for sharing 

Looks like you have found your talent and must be a good therapy too 
    Hi there Jane 
    lovely to here from you. Im not sure how to reply and could only see a way to reply through pressing quotes..
    Thank you for your kind comments. Im still very much learning and struggle to draw eyelashes ???. but it brings me joy especially when Im stressed. How are you doing I hope well. Thanks for sharing Nee 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu again 

To reply all you do is write in the comment box then click on post reply 

If you want to reply to specific person just rag them by putting @ before their user name eg @Neets

You can private message too once you have 25 posts 
  • Neets
    @janer1967 thank you so much.. Hope your day is going well.. 
  • Neets
    @chiarieds Hi there sorry for late reply.. Just getting use to this forum. Things are ok ups and downs you know.. Just trying to focus on the ups. Thank you for your kind comments and I guess we are all talented in our own genre, we just have to find it :D lol. I really appreciate the info and will try and see if I can add there too. My thing is that I am dyslexic and so at first things seem hard until I get use to it. Hows your day going 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hi @Neets - nice to hear from you, & if you'd like to add photos of your art in 'Kaleidoscope,' you just click on the link to it I gave. There you can add text just the same as here, & click on the little rectangular photo symbol above the text box to 'Attach image' just like you did here.
    My day was going quite peacefully until my son rang up asking if he could bring his little dog around, as he'd been asked to go into work early. Only problem is he likes to chase my cat, who has disappeared again, & I've got a dog flopped on me. :)
    I see you've managed with Kaleidoscope.....great. :)
  • Neets
    @chiarieds Hey there
    nice to hear from you too. You have been so helpful so thank you for that and yes just managed Kaleidoscope.????

Oh know.... bless you!! Kids ? poor cat ?lol. I have a cat too and cannot have any other animal around as she goes crazy lol. ??. 

You will have to keep me posted on how it goes love

• LoubyLou11
    LoubyLou11 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi Neets, my name's Lou and I've just this minute joined scope. I love your drawing, it is very atmospheric ??
  • Neets
    @LoubyLou11 Hello there Lou, nice to speak with you.. your phone is stunning... very beautiful. 

Thank you for your lovely comment and glad you love it... Hope you enjoy Scope.. do you draw yourself? 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic drawing @Neets :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Neets
    @Tori_Scope aww thank you.. nice to have a platform... ?? Hope your good 

Brightness