Booster - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Booster

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi @Anabel - I would urge you to keep your account open for a couple of days at least to see how you feel then. I've seen how you try to help others (& I've just spent more than an hour looking into wheelchair add-ons to turn a manual wheelchair into an electric one for you!)
    With Covid-19, as you know we all need to take it very seriously, & you can see from Ross' comments that Scope feel the same.
    When picked up on, as usually happens, then incorrect advice or information is corrected. It's not about the poster, as most people post hoping to help, but about the content.
    It does feel a bit odd when someone corrects you, but it's for the benefit of others that may read a post. I've been corrected a few times about benefits, & Mike also corrected me once on something I'd linked to by the BBC which wasn't up to date relating to Covid. Normally I do check elsewhere about anything to do with Covid, but had failed that one time. I also find from reading the links Mike provides that I usually learn more (& I always read them).
    So, anyway, just think about it for a while. It really is just so important that we all get to read the correct information about Covid-19 in particular, I'm sure you'd agree.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @Anabel personally I have found the ignore function on the forum useful and as has been already said I would hope you might take a couple of days to think again ?
    Without naming names (which would be wrong) I did make an in-depth complaint to scope a few weeks ago about what I described as "low level bullying" I was promised a reply but never got one. We have seen too many good people leave.

Now although I started this thread, because I thought my input might be useful, I would seriously suggest that Scope consider a blanket ban on threads about covid, and they could make a start by closing this thread down.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,369 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Anabel admin may have finished for the day so you may not have your account deleted until tomorrow morning when someone comes online. Unfortunately, only admin can remove/delete an account. In the meantime i'd advise you to do as woodbine has suggested and use the ignore feature, this way you won't see comments from members if they are on your ignore list.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,369 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel this way. Having read through the whole thread i personally don't see any bullying, just disagreement which happens all the time on any internet forum. The ignore feature works well for reasons such as these.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Boris Johnson has put the UK on level four but no restrictions only to have the booster I cant see the point of putting us on level 4 with no new restrictions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    When I first 'encountered' Mike, I believe I described him as 'abrupt' & nearly left Scope then. On reflection, however, I realised perhaps he was just direct; there's no way to prettify up fact, it just has to be said as it is.
    He has helped so many people, & it may surprise you to know that, unfortunately often, he's on the receiving end of 'passive aggressive' comments.
    There has been no 'bullying' as Poppy mentions, who has also received abuse (& I've had a small taste of it too) on this thread, but, as Mike says (& especially about Covid-19) it's important to stick to facts.
    The Scope team keep mentioning 'tone,' but I'm at a loss how this can be deduced from just the written word. I can assure you that Mike certainly meant no harm, as he's said.
    Perhaps Scope didn't handle this as well as it should; we've seen it before unfortunately. I've had part of my post taken down before, which left the rest not only meaningless, but potentially dangerous.... so we all have our problems, but have to go with Scope's moderation. I've also had what I considered a personal attack left in it's entirety, as it was considered 'borderline.' Suppose we all see things differently.
    I think we all welcome discussion & debate ordinarily, but, about Covid-19, we really do need to stick to facts. Hope you see that, & there was no bad intent ever towards yourself.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Closed - see notes below.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    After careful review, the decision has been made to keep this discussion closed.

On a wider note: there has been a number of veiled, but nonetheless negative remarks made between members in recent weeks. While we are not against someone expressing frustration in a public setting, some comments have gone beyond the expression of frustration and are in fact little more than personal attacks hidden amongst advice or other broader comments. These remarks are often difficult to moderate because they are so discreet, but it is understandable that members would grow frustrated with others sniping at them.
    We are deep into December and almost two years worth of a pandemic that will have had a major impact on many of us, so while we encourage frank and open discussion, we must be mindful of the general health and wellbeing of others. Our first rule in our community house rules is 'Keep it friendly', so remember to be civil, be polite, and be considerate of how your words may affect others. If a conversation ceases to be friendly, comments will be removed and discussions will be closed.

When making a post, ask yourself, 'why am I posting this?' Are you posting to make a dig at someone, are you trying to make someone else feel bad or chastened? If so, don't post it. It's not welcome and it will be removed.
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness