Hi, my name is AmeliaFL! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AmeliaFL!

Options
AmeliaFL
AmeliaFL Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm possibly ADHD, ASC but diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder in 2011. Fighting for support for my daughter who is also almost certainly ASC/ADHD. Learning lots about neurodivergency and having my eyes opened!
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AmeliaFL and a warm welcome. I'm really glad you found us, how are you keeping?

I'll be honest, my personal knowledge of neurodivergency is limited, however we do have an Autism and neurodiversity category dedicated to others stories and situations which you might want to take a look at. 

When you say you are fighting for your daughter support, is that in relation to education, treatment or something else? And, I completely understand how learning and getting that new knowledge can be a revelation. Was it anything in particular that struck you as surprising?

If we can do anything to help you both, please just say. In the meantime, take care and I hope we can speak again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello and welcome from me too @AmeliaFL. I can see @Cher_Scope has already responded to you.

I don’t have much to add here, unfortunately, other than I am also autistic. How are you feeling about everything at the moment – your own diagnoses and your daughter's potential diagnoses?

I can hear how you are fighting for support for your daughter at the moment. This sounds really difficult. If you are able to tell us more about this we can hopefully support you further with this.

Though, you only need to tell us as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Similarly, if there’s anything in particular about neurodiversity you are wanting to learn about please feel free to let us know.

We are all here for you and listening to you. Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon and supporting you further with this 

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.