Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Severe disability premium

Options
Babyfrey
Babyfrey Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Can anyone advise me on severe disability premium i applied on 8th June 22 i meet the criteria but so far nothing.I have made 7 phone calls and written a letter but no reply to anything . I am told it was looked at on 18th Nov and then last week i was told a letter was sent and then it hadn't been sent .I asked for it to be logged as a complaint to a higher member of staff and that was ignored i have no idea what to do next has anyone had similar 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually SDP requests are dealt with within a couple of days.
    What benefit are you trying to get SDP added to? 

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Babyfrey
    Options
    I have pension credit with.PIP
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you live alone? If you live with other adults do they also either claim a qaulifying disability benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or AA or are they registered blind?

Does anyone claim carers allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Babyfrey
    Options
    No  none of the above I already know I qualify.its that the delay in dealing with it.is beyond ridiculous I wondered if anyone else was having the same problem
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It shouldn't take that long because it's a very simple process and the longest it should take if applying by paper form is a few weeks at the most. I'd advise you to contact your local MP who will hopefully contact pension credit on your behalf. https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/ You will need to make sure you explain everything to them and don't forget to give them your contact details.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.