If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bazatron!

Options
bazatron
bazatron Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m  just wondering if you might be able to give a little insight into something whenever you can. My mum had a knee replacement three years ago.She has recently had pain and huge swelling in it and went for an X-ray and then a scan. The radiographer called in a superior and seemed to be able to rule out things like scar tissue, inflammation, lipoma, bursitis and she has been put forward for a incisional biopsy on the 6th of February. She’s up the walls worrying it’s something very sinister. Is that biopsy a procedural thing before any further operation or are they looking for something more sinister.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,468 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bazatron welcome to the forum,  I can understand your moms worry but  it's hard to say really, plus we're not medical professionals, so would only be guessing. Might be best to ask when you go for biopsy. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bazatron

Welcome to the community! I'm keeping everything crossed for your mum with her biopsy. I know it's easier said than done, not to worry, but it's going to be a wait until the biopsy tells you what it is causing the pain and swelling for her. Has she got pain relief and support from the medical team(s)? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.