If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused pip. Lcrwa review? Worried

Options
Marley30
Marley30 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hello everyone ☺️, sorry for the long post and questions. I'm in a tizzy :(
 last week I was refused pip, although I have depression anxiety chronic back pain (bulging discs) liver cirrhosis chronic pancreatitis, unfortunately I was (still trying) an alcoholic. All this is on my medical records I sent to them dating back to 2000. But I was refused. I don't want to appeal as I don't want to go through all that again. :(:( 

I was awarded lcrwa 12th Dec 2019, the original claim date was 19th of December 2018 so that took nearly a year, I have questions about this please if anyone can help. 
I haven't had a review yet so from the AWARD date for lcrwa would be 3 years and one month but from the original claim obviously 4 years and one month ..

So. would a review be from the date of the original claim or award date?
Also I have put in my journal (updated on my account) my new illness of cirrosis,anemia .. would this flag me up for a review? I believe there is a backlog.
I'm wondering if to journal a work coach to see if they know if I'm due for a renewal but again I don't want to be "flagged up" as the last "interview" was horrendous for me it was before COVID so I had to go to the interview.
Are the still doing face-face for review of lcrwa or over the phone now like my pip one was ? 
Has anyone had there review left for so long ? or does anyone know if it will be perhaps after 5 years of award date,
or I also read that for chronic and terminal illness (cirrosis - which I haven't sent them the doctors report on my journal yet- should I do this?) So I read for chronic illness I could be exempt for a review? I'm not sure if there's any truth in that (there was a link to where I read this but the link didn't work :/
I'm sorry for all the questions, I wish this anxiety would go away :(:( 
Like I say I could ask on my journal? Should I ? It's such a blow not getting pip but don't have the strength to fight it.  and I'm also wondering if they will contact them about my lcrwa..I don't know I'm confused sad and full of anxiety. 

Thankyou, stay warm everyone 🥶 💞💕🙌🙏

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews for the work capability assessment are still suspended and there’s no sign of them starting back anytime soon.

As you’ve already been found to have LCWRA then you don’t need to report any new diagnosis. You need to be careful doing this because it could prompt a referral for another WCA. LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. When it’s time for a review you will receive a letter on your journal telling you they are referring you. You will the. Receive the forms shortly after that in the post. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Hello, oh thankyou so much,

Oh dear I already did update my online account with my new illness when they told me I had cirrosis, I also left a message for the work coach to let them know for which I got a reply of "I'm sorry to hear your not well"
    Oh, do you think this will start a new referral. Oh dear I should of kept quiet. I thought I was doing right.. hopefully the work coach who replied to me hasn't referred me again for a review? Do you think this will happen? 
    Thankyou so much for gettin back to me 💕
  • Marley30
    Options
    @poppy123456.. 

Oh also poppy I am unsure what you mean by a referral for a wca? Sorry x
  • Marley30
    Options
    @poppy123456

The reply from my workcoach was this..

Sorry to hear that you are not well, thankyou for updating your claim correctly. 

But she didn't say if I would be referred again 🙏🙏 I hope not 🙏
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A referral means just that, a work coach refers you to The Health Assessment Advisory Service and then they send you a work capability assessment form in the post. It would be exactly the same process as the first work capability assessment, you would have been referred back then. You then receive a letter on your journal telling you this.

I'm afraid i can't tell you whether this will prompt a review.

For your PIP refusal i know you said you didn't want to go through the process of challenging that decision but if you think you can score enough points needed for an award then challenging it is the best way. You do have 13 months to do this but if you're outside the 1 month timescale then you'll need to give a reason why you didn't request it within the first month. Mandatory Reconsideration is your first step which you should put in writing. If that fails then you can proceed to Tribunal. Much better to go down this route rather than reapply in the future.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Marley30 said:
     last week I was refused pip, ... I was refused. I don't want to appeal as I don't want to go through all that again.
    Take time to reflect on this. You are expected to request a Mandatory Reconsideration within a month but you can request this at any time during 13 months as long as you explain why you didn't do it within a month (which can be as simple as I couldn't deal with it at the time). If necessary take advice
    https://advicelocal.uk

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Marley30
    Options
    @poppy123456 ah ok thankyiu so much, perhaps she would refer me as clearly my illness has become worse. I'm hoping they only do this if say someone reported there illness had improved 🙌🙌🙏🙌

And yes, and @calcotti I know I should and friends and family have told me so they said also on the report I seemed calm coherent etc etc. I probably shouldn't say this but I wish they had called 2 hours previous before I'm ashamed to say I had to have alchohol drinks to calm me down as I was a complete panic disaster nervous wreck :(:( 

Thankyou both for your advice ☮️
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @marley30 :) I can see that you've been able to get some answers to your questions already, which is great! If there's anything you're still unsure about, please just let us know. 

You've mentioned that you live with some mental health conditions, and that you were an alcoholic. Are you receiving any support to help you manage your mental health conditions, and alcoholism? 

I'd encourage you to speak to your GP in the first instance if not. 

For your alcoholism, you could also consider finding a local support service near you (NHS).
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Marley30
    Options
    @Tori_Scope aw bless you, yes I spoke to them over 20years ago and since, it's a battle I win and lose and win and lose I'm afraid. :(

But thank you so much ❤️❤️
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really difficult @Marley30 :( Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.