How do you request your report & Mandatory Reconsideration. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you request your report & Mandatory Reconsideration.

Options
scoobydoo2
scoobydoo2 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello everyone.  Thank you for any advice you can give.  My husband received his WCA outcome today and has been put into the able to work group.  

He has recently been awarded Pip at the enhanced rate for mobility and standard for daily living.  I know the 2 are different but he really is in no condition to work.  He was medically retired from his job due to his disabilities.

My question is what do I do now?  The letter states I can ask for a copy of the report and  I can also ask for a mandatory reconsideration.  I would really like to see a copy of the report first so I can see if all the information they have is correct and if not correct it as part of the reconsideration.

Do I write in the journal asking for a copy of the report and also ask for the address where I send the mandatory reconsideration as I will be requesting that on my husband's behalf?

Thank you in again everyone

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,878 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't need the assessment report to request the MR. It can course distractions too as to what you should be concentrating on. If you still want a copy then you can ask on his journal.

For the MR you need to state whether you think he's entitled to either LCW/LCWRA and your reasons why. Please also be aware that they take into consideration your ability to do any type of work and not just the work you used to do. You can see the descriptors for LCWRA here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • scoobydoo2
    Options
    Thank you so much for replying Poppy. So would it be best to ask for the MR in his journal and call and ask for the report separately?  Thank you for adding the descriptors, that is the reason why I want to see the report.  We clearly told them he cannot walk for more then 50 yards and cannot sit for long without it causing him pain.  We sent all the surgeons notes, the GPS, his current medication.

Applying has caused so much stress on him he already suffers ptsd from his accident and now has been referred for further counselling as his mental state is at an all time low.  WCA did not take that into account as his first session is not until the 23rd of this month.  Should I wait until after the 23rd to add that in?  Can I add further information to a MD.

Sorry to ask so many questions I just don't know what to do.  When I ask for a MR do they send a form so I can add more detail or is it the same information sent to a new decision maker?? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    For the mobilising descriptor are you also aware that it's not just about your ability to walk. They also take into consideration your ability to use a manual wheel chair.

You can ask for the report on his journal. You can request the MR on his journal too or you can write a letter, there should be an address for where to post it to on the decision letter, it will be a freepost address.

Yes you can send extra evidence for the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • scoobydoo2
    Options
    Thanks Poppy, yes he can't use a wheelchair as he has restricted mobility in one arm he cannot move it back even after having surgery.

I'm so sorry if I sound silly but just to clarify I ask for MR and they send me a form, they don't just pass it straight to another decision maker?

Again I'm so sorry for asking what are probably silly questions I'm just in shock and scared for him.  Thank you again
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No question is silly if you don't know the answer. You can either request it on his journal stating which group you think he should be in and your reasons why. Then a different decision maker will look at his claim. They won't send you a form if you do this.

Or you can write a letter and send it yourself to the address on the decision letter.

Or you can use the MR form which you can see in this link. There's also some information here abouyt requesting the MR. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/problems-with-your-payment/challenging-a-universal-credit-decision-mandatory-consideration/

• scoobydoo2
    Options
    That's brilliant thank you so much.  I think I will download and print the form from the link you sent.  Fill it in and send it back to them.  I will also call them tomorrow to ask for a copy of the report as I'm really confused by it all.

Can I ask should we continue uploading 'fit notes' as we are asking for MR even though it states not to?  His runs out in a few weeks so I'm not sure what's best to do? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Fit notes will no longer be accepted because he was found fit for work. 
  • scoobydoo2
    Options
    Oh OK  I thought I would ask in case we are successful at MR
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You only need to send them continuously until a decision is made. After this time you no longer need to, regardless of what the decision is. 
    If he is eventually found to have LCWRA then he will still be owed money from the 4th month after his health condition was reported. 
  • scoobydoo2
    Options
    Thank you Poppy so much for all your help.  I feel this is all my fault and I have not answered the questions on his behalf correctly.  I have looked up our local walk in centre and I'm going to go and speak with them before sending the MR back.  Thank you again so much
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Don't blame yourself. It's not the most straight forward process by any means.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.