Prepayment Gas Meter. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Prepayment Gas Meter.

Options
Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
edited January 2023 in Community updates
Hi to all,

On Tuesday Evening I Phoned E Up we went to Top Up Gas and it Said Disconnected.
I am Supposed to Get a New Message When their is £2.00 Left on the Meter We got No Message so didn't Realize we had Run out as was Really Busy.

E asked Me to Go Outside and Reset the Meter I said I carnt do it too low on the floor or my husband carnt do it he has copd we both have arthritis and lots of health problems.

They said ask a neighbour to do it I said no you've turned it off you do it .
They said if they came out would cost me £250 pounds.i don't think so.

How Can they be so inconsiderate its appalling ive emailed customer services
It's not good enough.

What can I do?
<Moderator removed personal details>

Comments

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    edited January 2023
    Options
    It's appalling customer service, lack of it.

Sparkle, lodge a Formal Complaint in writing, send it to their H/O. They have 8 weeks to respond. Once you get their final response / deadlock letter, if you still aren't happy, lodge a complaint with the Services Ombudsman.  

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Sparklebright63 hope you've managed to get someone to reset your meter - it's a good point, made me think how people can do these things in different circumstances, so would be worth drawing this to attention of your supplier x
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 980 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello @Sparklebright63

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your gas meter, it doesn't sound like your needs were accounted for and we encourage you to consider complaining about this, if you feel comfortable doing that. Has the problem been sorted now?

We also just want to let you know we’ve edited your comment because it contained your full name. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

All the best,

Cher

Online community team

• Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi to all,

Thankyou for your response to my message I am going to email the onbudsman its awfull how people R treat these days.

Sparklebright63 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.