Lcwra messed up — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra messed up

Options
jaye7508
jaye7508 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I don't know if any of you guys can help me your always great just need some advice 
We filled in a uc50 form for my brother in November everything was going fine but I had to call to ask them a question and they told me it got rejected to to undelivered mail I didn't know what they meant so my brother who has schizophrenia may have torn it up of it just didn't get delivered I still to this day don't know what it said so the wca said call uc so I called them and they said I had to get the job centre to ask them to do it again the work coach isn't much help the last he said is that she asked her colleague to tell them to look again then she said they told her that they were waiting for further information from his gp but on calling the wca and uc they both say that they haven't been asked to look at it again and I spoke to the gp office and they have said that they haven't been asked by anyone so I'm just going around in circles luck enough we filled in his pip form at the same time and was granted a few days ago so that will help him a lot but just don't know what to do now with lcwra because everyone is blaming everyone else 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jaye7508 What a confusing situation, I'm sorry you keep getting passed back and forth.

Just so I can understand better, was it the completed UC50 form that you believe your brother might have thrown away? 

This isn't my area of expertise, however if so, I'd be inclined to write a message on your brother's UC journal explaining the situation again(!) to his work coach and re-requesting a UC50 form.

Please keep us posted with how you get on, wishing you all the best.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jaye7508
    jaye7508 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply no the uc50 form was sent off and received and they sent a letter back that for whatever reason we never received so I had to get his work coach to ask them to look at it again but none of them seem to know what's going on just stuck I don't want to start again because I know he will get it because how ill he is atm but if we start again he will lose his back pay and its also the hassle of filling in the forms again just don't know what to do his work coach said she was going to get a dea officer to action it but still haven't heard anything that was a week ago thanks again 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really difficult @jaye7508, especially as none of them seems to know what's going on  :( And, as a result of all this, you're not sure what to do. 

I am hoping someone with more insight and expertise/experience can respond to you soon. In the meantime, I wanted to respond to say we hear you.

Any luck on getting a DEA Officer to action it yet? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything, in particular, we can do to support you.

Unfortunately, this is not an area of my insight or expertise/experience but I can say we are all to listen to you (including me!)  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah dear @jaye7508 What a situation and I entirely understand your reluctance to want to start the claim again. Did the DEA officer get it sorted? I hope so, please give us an update if you have time. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.