If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dreaded Letter from DWP!

Options
MrWright
MrWright Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all,

Finally got that dreaded letter today from DWP after a review of my PIP claim.

Pleased to say was a good outcome 👍 went from standard rate mobility to enhanced, I shouldn't of lost this award 5 year ago from move to PIP from DLA but is what it is, had to take it to Tribunal aswell.

Still not happy with decision but pointless asking for mandatory reconsideration when scored 12 points for moving around but 0 points for planning and following a journey which I cannot lol.

So back to where was now 5 year ago on DLA, question is will they backdate this as told them from this date on my review does state on letter that they may owe me some money with a separate letter from them.
Community connected by disability.

Make friends, share your experiences, get advice you need, and discuss issues that matter to you.

Comments

• MrWright
    Options
    Hello all,

Quick update, yes is was backdated and got the nice lump sum this morning in my bank account.

So yeah, super happy with this outcome never give up and keep pressing them because I shouldn't have been moved to standard rate PIP with move from enhanced rate DLA.

Make friends, share your experiences, get advice you need, and discuss issues that matter to you.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely glad it's all sorted 
  • MrWright
    Options
    Yeah @Sandy_123, thanks been a long time but I'm a persistent and patient person haha. 🤣

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,927 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MrWright Great news. Well done.
  • MrWright
    Options
    Hi @Beaver79, thanks. 😁

• SurvivorEmpowered
    SurvivorEmpowered Posts: 56 Connected
    Options
    @MrWright

I am so pleased you have at last got justice. Five years is such a long time. I know the challenges will have been multiple. I can imagine high and lows. Good luck I hope you have a less stressful time of things. take care God bless 
  • PWM1
    PWM1 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    This is great news, although the whole process should not make you and many others like yourself be forced to jump through so many hurdles. Good luck and God Bless.
  • MrWright
    Options
    Hi @SurvivorEmpowered, yeah is a long time and thanks. 🙂

• MrWright
    Options
    Hi @PWM1, yeah that's true and thanks. 😉

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@MrWright
    Aww that’s great news I’m so pleased for you, now you can relax a bit.
    Mind treat yourself to something nice with some off your backpay.

Take care.
  • MrWright
    Options
    Hi @Lou67, thanks and yeah do need a new phone mines about 5 year old and super slow lol. 🐌 😆🤣

• Blue_eyes
    Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
    Options
    @MrWright, I am so happy for you 😊
  • MrWright
    Options
    Hi @Blue_eyes, thanks. 😉

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @mrwright :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MrWright
    Options
    Hi @Hannah_Scope, yeah it is just glad got a good outcome for once and didn't have to fight it via Tribunal as I've had to do all time. So yeah super happy that come back as this straight from decision maker not even a MR needed baffled. 🤣

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good news @MrWright thanks for sharing! :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MrWright
    Options
    Yeah @Alex_Scope, thanks. 😉

• MrWright
    Options
    Yeah @Purrrrrrr,

Even tho happy now with getting 12 points on moving around still should score in the planning and following a journey, they seeing this activity as mainly more mental than physical but the meaning of that title well speaks for itself 🤣 planning it mentally and then physically following it 🤔 so is both. I struggle doing both anyway I never leave my home without being with another person which is horrible deffo when only places you going to is doctors and hospital appointments, when do leave house. 😔

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,231 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Although following and planning a journey feels mentally and physically challenging to a lot of people. Following and planning a journey only applies to those with mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments. If you're claiming for physical conditions then you won't score any points for this activity.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.