LCWRA Backpayment complications — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Backpayment complications

Options
Breezed
Breezed Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I have a slightly more complicated question related to LCWRA.
I have been on LCW for multiple years (4 or more I believe) and informed UC that I believed I should be on LCWRA as my condition had worsened. However I did this during a telephone call with the head of a specific Job Centre and she was the one who escalated the process. 
However after filling In the form and sending it away on aug 2021, it apparently had the wrong referral code and was lost in the system for over a year. I finally had a phone assessment with the health assessment centre on Oct 2022 and was returned an award for LCWRA 2 days ago. They claim Ive been awarded from 09/04/2023 but My question is, is this classed as a reassessment or, me informing them of a worsening condition as I’ve recently been awarded LCWRA but without any backdated money and I don’t believe this is correct. I’ve read all the advice that @poppy123456 has shared with other people and it seems really helpful but I’m still just confused about my own case, any help would be great and relieve a lot of stress, thanks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you reported the changes it should be paid from the assessment period which you reported those changes. When you report changes it should prompt you to send another fit note and to continue to send them without any gaps until a decision made on your new WCA. If this was done through a phone call and there's no proof on your journal then i have no idea how you proove otherwise.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Breezed
    Breezed Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for replying @poppy123456, I have the following two messages on my journal: 

Left by myself:

Hi, I contacted the CHDA health assessment after speaking with my previous advisor and explaining my condition has got much worse and I haven't been for an assessment in 3 years, they said the referral has to come from the DWP and I have to ask for it to be sent, can you let me know what happens next please. 

(This was dated 4th august 2021) 

Then a reply from someone: 

Re-assessments are allocated by our Medical Services. They are currently dealing with a back log of cases and there may be continued delays.

If a new assessment entitles you to increased benefits these can be back dated to the original review date.

Apologies for the delay.

If this qualifies as evidence and I can also get the job centre worker who I explained the situation over the phone with to confirm the call also, what is the process and what do I need to do in terms of appealing to try and get the backdated money that is owed to me ? 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please don't tag me because i have all notifications turned off. If i see a question and i can help, i will but i don't what members thinking i'm ignoring them if i miss a tag.

Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and tell them about the message you put onto your journal in August 2021 that memtions a worsening of health condition. Also tell them that when you mentioned this you weren't advised to report a change of circumstances and didn't know this is what you should have done.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.