If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm TinieTia! Tips for appealing PIP outcome?

Options
TinieTia
TinieTia Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,
Would love some insight!! 
This is now my 2nd mandatory decision. 
Both times pip declined on 6 and then 7 points for daily living. 
I have fibromylgia, bowel+bladder incontience alongside anxiety and get pyschological seizures when stressed and overwhelmed. 

PIP Said MR Decision letter was sent 21st april 23 for MR but Still no letter after a week. There is no money in my account so highly likely would not be accepted. 

It's so annoying and stressful having to explain my circumstances and still be declined. 

Has anyone recently appealed and how long roughly did this take. What do you think helped with your case? I've sent in alot medical notes so would like to see what they say on grounds to not award me.

Does any one think Citizens advice bureau are helpful and what other evidence did you provide to help your case.

Thanks, TinieTia
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi @TinieTia and a warm welcome to our online community, how's your day going?

I'm sorry you've been unsuccessful so far, it can be really disheartening I know. One tip is, it really helps to provide anecdotal evidence to prove you satisfy the descriptors where you haven't scored as many points as anticipated. So that for instance could be 2-3 examples of PIP activities in which you struggle, what happens, where, if other people have to assist you and if so - could they provide supporting evidence too? This adds weight to your claim as medical evidence doesn't illustrate in what ways your conditions limit your ability to complete the activities reliably. 

I hope this makes sense, and would really urge you to get support from a welfare advisor (you can find an organisation local to you via Advice Local) to help alleviate some of the pressure.

Wishing you well and if you have any other questions then please fire away.

All the best and keep us posted! Plus just to advise, I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category and amended the title to help other people spot it and reply. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    TinieTia said:

Does any one think Citizens advice bureau are helpful and what other evidence did you provide to help your case.

Thanks, TinieTia
    Hi,
    Before I comment on Citizens Advice......
    PIP isn`t about your diagnosis, it`s about how your condition affects more than 50% of the time (there are a host of very informed people on here who will soon respond to you in a manner better than I have).
    As for Citizens Advice: My claim went to Mandatory Reconsideration but, as was expected, it didn`t change so I initiated Tribunal proceedings.  Like many people, and despite the excellent advice received here, I still was unsure so contacted CA by online chat.  After explaining my circumstances they put me in touch with a local organisation that helps people in my situation which resulted in a very good result.  I would say use CA (some on here would disagree) and use their online chat too if you can, it`s much quicker than email.
    Andy

• TinieTia
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thanks new to this so still learning how to use this. 
    In My MR I wrote in detail what happens with examples in each activities in which I struggle with and how. I will note that the people that assist did not submit a supporting letter and I just submitted medical notes so maybe yeah that contributed to the decision? 

I did additionally had my doctors to submit a supporting letter. 

Going  to see a welfare advisor to assist Me further with the appeal because it looks like I would additional support in this. 

Will update you 
    Kind regards - Tinie
  • TinieTia
    Options
    @Cartini thanks for that!! :)

Yeah I understand it depends on how the the disabilities affects me in my everyday life and activities and believe I should be awarded for it. (Just putting out my conditions.)

I thought I would have to go to CA, will try the online live, appreciate that. 

Will update what I have been advised. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been able to try the online live yet @TinieTia and, if so, would you like to talk to us a little more about how this has gone for you? Wishing you the best of luck with this  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.