Hi, my name is PurpleRose1996! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is PurpleRose1996!

Options
PurpleRose1996
PurpleRose1996 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hello.

My name is Luke. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm here to make new friends. Oh, and I'm a high-functioning autistic.

o:) 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,312 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi @PurpleRose1996 welcome to the forum. Here Is a great place to make friends, lots of conversations to join in with , or make your own. Games also if you want to join in. Look faward to seeing you around
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 437 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Luke. I have autism too. Welcome. I like making friends too. What do you enjoy doing with your time?
  • PurpleRose1996
    Options
    Hi @surfygoose! Nice to meet you! 😊 I like to draw, cook and play video games in my free time. Periodically, I play D&D with my brother and his friends.
  • PurpleRose1996
    Options
    Thank you @Sandy_123! It's good to meet you too. I look forward to making new friends on here.  o:)
  • J_SL93
    J_SL93 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    @PurpleRose1996 welcome, honestly you have come to the right place to make friends and get out there. Anything you need this is the place for you. x
  • PurpleRose1996
    Options
    Awwwww! Thank you @J_SL93! I appreciate it. 😊 X
  • J_SL93
    Options
    You're welcome x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @PurpleRose1996

Welcome to the community! :) Are you keeping well? 

We have a great section on the forum called Coffee Lounge, where we play games, have discussions and get to know each other :) 

I see you like to draw, we have a thread called Kaleidoscope: Our own gallery for member's art work, crafts and photographs. Would be lovely to see some of your drawings on there. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • surfygoose
    Options
    I like cooking and video games too and some drawing. I have ps4. Do you have a console or pc?
  • PurpleRose1996
    Options
    I have both a PC and a PS5. 
  • surfygoose
    Options
    Cool. I want to get a ps5 one day. I wonder when they will bring out ps6 though!
  • PurpleRose1996
    Options
    No doubt they will. 😅
  • surfygoose
    Options
    Probably whenever I take the plunge and get the ps5 they will suddenly bring out ps6. What sort of games do you enjoy? I just started playing tomb raider. I liked uncharted. I like the story games like Life is strange. I like the idea of lots of games but I’m not good learning lots of complicated controls. I like it when there are very easy settings and accessibility options so I can still enjoy the stories of games. Also I admit I am usually having to follow walkthroughs for puzzles. I enjoy the experience anyway of the games even though I am not good at them!
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @PurpleRose1996 and welcome :) Great to see you join! If you need anything, please ask the team, and we'll do what we can to help.

I'm a gamer too, and enjoy games like Uncharted/Tomb Raider, but also more chilled games like Journey and Toem :) I think there's a long way to go with accessibility @surfygoose but things are definitely moving in the right direction with the options available in some big games now!

Have either of you heard about the new Leonardo controller for PlayStation? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • PurpleRose1996
    Options
    Well, I tend to enjoy RPGs, Hack and Slashes and Fighting games. For that last genre I will admit I am a little excited for the half a dozen new fighting games coming out this year and the only one I pre-ordered is a little more than a week away from now.

I'm also glad that more accessibility options are used for various games to help newcomers and/or people who struggle with various aspects. Spider-Man PS4/PS5 for example has options for skipping puzzles and automatically succeeding Quick Time Events, which I use religiously at this point. 
  • surfygoose
    Options
    Yes Spider-Man and uncharted were both very good for accessibility. I was playing tomb raider tonight and enjoying it but then got stuck because as part of a QTE there was a bit where you have to wiggle the left thumb stick left and right quite quickly and for quite a while and my thumb can not do that movement. I managed to get someone to do it for me. That’s where skipping QTE would be useful. Also it’s handy on some of the games they let you change button mashing to being able to just hold the button down. Uncharted did that which was really helpful whereas in south park I always struggled with the button mashes.

PurpleRose which of your preordered games is coming soon?

I read about the leonardo controller for PlayStation. It sounds good. I don’t know when they are releasing it though or how much it will cost. Hopefully they will release more updates about it soon.
  • val23
    val23 Scope Member Posts: 29 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone great to connect I have a lots different disabilities 
    cerebral palsy body dyslexia seizes black outs  fits I’m wheelchair bound  I have server mental,health complexed over health condition 
    I am unable go out on my own this makes me feel isolated 
    it great to connect with you amazing people 
    I’m going through hard times at the moment so not my normal go lucky happy bubbly self .
    I love to help support people I love doing reiki healing's  to people and animals .
    im super excited I’m getting my kitten snowy in few weeks I am going train her to be my emotional support cat .I’m happy for you to connect with me .I’m going to switch all my technology off so I’m not being rude if I don’t respond right away .you all have an awesome night if you can catch you soon love light healing being sent x
  • J_SL93
    Options
    Aww you're an awesome person just know that! I'm sending you biggest hugs and a whole lot of love! You've 100% got this always you're a warrior in your own right! 🖤 I have Cerebral Palsy as well, along with tremors and other health issues. Keep doing what you do I love that you have all these different techniques and tools that help you. Keep shinning bright! 🤍X
  • PurpleRose1996
    Options
    It is lovely to meet you @val23! You are an absolute gem and you are welcome here. I have recently joined and I feel welcomed by everyone here.

@surfygoose, I have preordered Street Fighter 6 and it is out on the 2nd June. A little more than a week away at the time of writing. :)
  • val23
    val23 Scope Member Posts: 29 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.