Depression..again — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression..again

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,775 Disability Gamechanger
Despite being on long term medication for depression I finally admitted yesterday that once again I am depressed, I won't bore you with the details but it's been (medically) a tough 6 months and shows no sign of any change and I will have to wait 6 months to see the consultants that might be able to help.
So my plan is to see my GP and discuss a change of depression meds and get some counselling for what will be the 4th time.
The reason for posting this is I hope I will be excused if at times I seem a little short tempered it really won't be anything personal and I promise to read everything I type before "pressing" send.
cheers
John 
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,072 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Sorry to read that @woodbine,  you have had a trying few months of different things, which may of contributed to it. 
    Hopefully you start feeling better within yourself soon
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hello @woodbine

I'm so sorry it's been a tough 6 months and I'm glad to hear you are going to consult with your GP to see what more they can do for you. We are here if we can support you in anyway. Also, as I know GP's are still quite difficult to get appointments with in some areas, you can always refer yourself to NHS mental health services should you feel you need to. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,511 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@woodbine
    You certainly have had a tough few months, I hope you see your GP soon and get started on new meds. I’m sure SM is taking good care of you.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Take care ❤️
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    Options
    Echoing everyone's best wishes.  The dark mist seems to have no rationale ...

I've just changed meds after descending back into the pits and in myself feeling a bit better. 
    I hope you do soon
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @woodbine, sorry to hear you have depression. Can I ask you why do you think you are depressed? Maybe finding solutions to the problem which lead to your depression would be solution to uplift your feelings? 
    Personally, I am getting depressed because most of people I know they leaving UK and going back to live to Poland. My son is changing into teenager who express all spectrum emotions and does not want anymore spend any time together. 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,450 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @woodbine I am sorry to hear you are feeling depressed. You have been through a lot in the last few months from what I have read. I hope your GP is able to help you until you can see the consultant you need. Take care.
  • woodbine
    Options
    Many thanks for your support my friends, I have managed to refer myself for counselling with people I saw last time so hopefully won't have to wait too long. xx

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hopr you get some help quickly, its no fun when you are feeling low, take care
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,931 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully you get to see the councillors soon @woodbine

I have had lots of experience with talking therapy for various problems, I have to say it didn't work for some issues like OCD but I found it quite helpful when I had depression. It also depends on if you get a good worker who wants to help, sounds like you are seeing someone you have seen in the past so that's good.
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine , I'm sorry to hear about your depression reoccurring.  My heart goes out to you . I hope you can get the help you require 🙏.  In the meantime be kind to yourself please.  Sending hugs.  Hope you don't have to wait too long .
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope you get through to them soon @woodbine :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad you've been able to refer yourself to somewhere familiar @woodbine, that can make a big difference. Thanks for sharing your news, and as many have said, we're here for support if you need it :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

• woodbine
    Options
    Got a text yesterday with an appointment for 21/06 so only 3 weeks before I see a counsellor thanks again all for your support, will keep you updated.

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,450 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Glad you have got your appointment to work towards. Fingers crossed they manage to help you. Take care. @woodbine
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good news @woodbine good luck
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you have an appointment @woodbine . Fingers crossed for you 🙏 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.