Hello Everyone - the sun is shining and it's a bank holiday weekend. What are your plans? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello Everyone - the sun is shining and it's a bank holiday weekend. What are your plans?

Options
MPowell_1991
MPowell_1991 Community member Posts: 83 Courageous
Hello everyone, the sun is shining and we're heading into a bank holiday. I just wanted to generate a discussion around people's plans? Are you going out and about or just having a chilled one?

I'm playing Cricket for Hampshire this weekend in the Super 9's disability league against Kent on Sunday. I am chilling with my daughter and my wife on Saturday and will probably catch the FA Cup Final where i'll be cheering on one of the two Manchester sides - but can you guess who?

Anyway i look forward to hearing from some of you soon. :)

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MPowell_1991 welcome to the forum is it another bank holiday this weekend?  Enjoy playing cricket.
  • MPowell_1991
    Options
    hi @Sandy_123 - my mistake, it was last weekend! My weeks are running away with me, alas, looking forward to enjoying some good weather, thanks very much. What are your plans?
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    That's ok we've that many bank holidays im loosing track myself.  I'm heading to a farm tomorrow with grandkids. Its a kiddies animal farm for rescued farm animals. So they get to feed them and everything. Plus a picnic 
  • MPowell_1991
    Options
    @Sandy_123 that sounds like a fun day out! How many grandchildren do you have?
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I've got 4 but going with 3, it's educational too learning about the animals. It's great for getting kids in fresh air and exercise 
  • MPowell_1991
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    I've got 4 but going with 3, it's educational too learning about the animals. It's great for getting kids in fresh air and exercise 
    Absolutely, i love being outdoors and sharing new experiences :) how do you find accessing outdoor public areas?
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Ok, the farm is disability friendly, which is unusual for a farm. Do you have many obstacles 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MPowell_1991

Great thread, and good luck with your cricket match. My husband is cricket mad and was up last night watching the Yorkshire game!

Enjoy the farm @Sandy_123 My little lad loves it there, and the local one is free for under 2's so we might give it a gander this weekend.

Other than that I have lots of cleaning and washing to do, and I really need to take my boy for his hair cutting. He's channeling Liam Gallagher with his current look  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.