Should I Make a complaint? Would You? LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I Make a complaint? Would You? LWCRA

Options
Barry83
Barry83 Scope Member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, Just wanted to put this out there and share my experience going through the lwcra process, sending off all the sick notes and paperwork etc the DWP confirmed that they recieved my paperwork on the 22nd Jan, I then had an assessment date come through for the 24th April, didn't think that wasn't too bad all things considering these days. 24th April I was ready for my assesment and had managed to get through it, all very positive and that was that so I thought!! On the 26th April I received a letter in the posted saying my appointment on the 24th April had been cancelled and another one had been arranged for the 10th may, confused I called up the number and explained that I had actually had my assessment on the 24th I was told not to worry they would cancel the appointment on the 10th may I was told it could just be that they havnt yet sent it over to the DWP. Ok fair enough I thought. 4/5 Days later I ring the the DWP to see if they had received my report and was repeatedly told that I had not had my assessment they have no record of it, eventually I'm put on hold  and she comes back to say when I had my assessment on the 24th there was a power cut and your assessment had been lost, I was told another appointment was made for the 10th may but that had been cancelled a few days ago! I was told there was no more appointments available and I would have to go back Into the system until another appointment became available, eventually I was sent another date of the 24th may, great I thought! The 24th arrived I received a phone call at 1pm.saying they was going to call me back in about half an hour for my assesment, they called me back at 5 and said they would have to cancel again and would be re arranged for the 31st. Then I received another letter saying actually the appointment for the 31st was cancelled again until the 6th June! It's been a very frustrating experience. Any Advice? Is there much point to complaining?  

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.