ESA disability premium stopped whilst waiting for PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA disability premium stopped whilst waiting for PIP review

Options
mrblobby83
mrblobby83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I'm here on behalf of my son. He is severely disabled and gets enhanced care and enhanced mobility PIP. This has recently come up for review and the forms have been returned. He's still getting his PIP during the delay in reviews but his income related support group ESA premium has stopped because of this delay in the PIP review. Will he get this backdated or do we need to do anything in the mean time? ( Forgot off hand which premium he gets its either the severe disability one or the disability one but it's stopped)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be the Severe disability Premium. The Disability Premium isn't payable when claiming ESA. You will need to contact ESA regarding this.

It's very likely because his PIP has been extended but the computer doesn't acknowledge this and it's stopped his SDP. The SDP should continue as long as he has a PIP daily living award and continues to live alone or be treated as living alone.

The same thing happened to me back in 2021. A simple phone call put it right and they paid what was owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mrblobby83
    mrblobby83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you I will contact them.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been able to contact them yet @mrblobby83? If so, I am wondering if you would like to share a little more with us about how this has gone for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Triby5467
    Triby5467 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    Poppy i hope that will be for me mon cos ive had that issue. I get saturday payments cos im with barclays. Im on edge and gunna be until mon 8am. I get v sick cos of a heart condition and dont take my medication on time if under stress. Im gunna be having double amitrityline to sleep and help with my manic episodes. Its stressful
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Triby5467 said:
    Poppy i hope that will be for me mon cos ive had that issue. I get saturday payments cos im with barclays. Im on edge and gunna be until mon 8am. I get v sick cos of a heart condition and dont take my medication on time if under stress. Im gunna be having double amitrityline to sleep and help with my manic episodes. Its stressful

Question answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/111632/esa-premium-stopped#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.