UC50 / PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC50 / PIP

Options
paries1
paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
Just out of curiosity do DWP compare forms ( uc50 / pip ) with older forms you’ve sent in ? I

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,829 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Past experience for myself and daughters PIP reviews then yes they have used the previous assessment report.

Never known this to happen for any of my WCA reviews but always been in the Support Group for the same descriptor for 10 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Just out of curiosity do DWP compare forms ( uc50 / pip ) with older forms you’ve sent in ? I
    For ESA yes they can. In previous ESA assessment reports they’ve openly stated that they’ve used assessment reports from ten years prior as part of their evidence
  • paries1
    Options
    Ok thx for replies , I realised after filling in my last UC50 I had the insight to take pics of every page and as there really no change ( maybe increase in meds ) I was going to just rewrite what I wrote then but maybe I’ll just use it as a guide . 
  • paries1
    Options
    Getting really stressed over all this now and having thoughts just not to fill in either forms, even tho I’m gonna get help . 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Ok thx for replies , I realised after filling in my last UC50 I had the insight to take pics of every page and as there really no change ( maybe increase in meds ) I was going to just rewrite what I wrote then but maybe I’ll just use it as a guide . 
    Do you use the guides from the Benefit and Work site? When I first used their guide I got put straight into the ESA Support group with just a paper based review and quite minimal evidence. 
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Do you use the guides from the Benefit and Work site? When I first used their guide I got put straight into the ESA Support group with just a paper based review and quite minimal evidence. 
    No I haven’t seen them , I’ll have a look and see if I can find them , thanks stillrise 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Benefits and work charge £20/ year for membership. This will then give you access to all their guides and the forums. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paries1
    Options
    Past experience for myself and daughters PIP reviews then yes they have used the previous assessment report.

Never known this to happen for any of my WCA reviews but always been in the Support Group for the same descriptor for 10 years.
    Sorry I don’t mean the report I meant the actual es/UC50 . If they kept the older forms ( maybe uploaded on computer etc ) then compared with recent reassessment form . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Nope, in my personal experience they’ve never done that. 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:

Sorry I don’t mean the report I meant the actual es/UC50 . If they kept the older forms ( maybe uploaded on computer etc ) then compared with recent reassessment form . 
    I would think they absolutely keep the old forms. But whether they refer back to them or not I’ve no idea.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    paries1 said:

I would think they absolutely keep the old forms. But whether they refer back to them or not I’ve no idea.
    My comment was to do with them referring back to my previous forms. 

I have no doubts that they keep them because about 2 years ago I requested all the information they hold about me going back several years and i received every form and every assessment report for PIP and ESA. 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:

My comment was to do with them referring back to my previous forms. 

I have no doubts that they keep them because about 2 years ago I requested all the information they hold about me going back several years and i received every form and every assessment report for PIP and ESA. 
    That’s a good idea. How does one request this from them? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
  • paries1
    Options
    I made this request with some of my MH records when in therapy and was shocked how the therapist write the summaries. 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:
    I made this request with some of my MH records when in therapy and was shocked how the therapist write the summaries. 
    Was it inaccurate?
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Was it inaccurate?
    I had a terrible therapist who actually was triggered by me, it was noticed by other patients who told me it was obvious I was triggering them, they actually belittled me on a few occasions and were passive aggressive , basically didn’t like me , I’m honest and know totally I can be hard work because of my EUPD but I was actually really trying. They left before the programme ended. I requested my reports and they are basically judging you from the moment you walk into the room until the moment you turn the door handle to leave , it wasn’t that it was inaccurate just that I realise now how they completely scrutinise EVERYTHING about you . 
  • paries1
    Options
    Maybe I’m just naive, Ive had a fair few psychiatric reviews and these are very detailed about eye contact / clothes / tone of voice etc , I understand this because they are trying to rule out a psychotic episode etc but in long term therapy it seemed from my reports it was more how I said something rather than what I was saying . 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    Was it inaccurate?
    I had a terrible therapist who actually was triggered by me, it was noticed by other patients who told me it was obvious I was triggering them, they actually belittled me on a few occasions and were passive aggressive , basically didn’t like me , I’m honest and know totally I can be hard work because of my EUPD but I was actually really trying. They left before the programme ended. I requested my reports and they are basically judging you from the moment you walk into the room until the moment you turn the door handle to leave , it wasn’t that it was inaccurate just that I realise now how they completely scrutinise EVERYTHING about you . 

I know what you mean.  I’m very fortunate in that my two NHS therapy experiences were very positive.  I had psychotherapy with one amazing therapist and then a very long course of EMDR (trauma therapy) with a very good psychologist.  But I’ve previously met some vile NHS psychiatrists, including one woman who was just awful and came across like she really doesn’t get on with other women at all.  I recall reports from various psychiatric staff where they’ve felt the need to mention I’m dressed in “weather appropriate clothing” (do they expect me to be sitting there wearing a bikini?), that I make good eye contact and that I have “good self care” (I think they meant I just look like I actually shower and brush my teeth.)

I’m paying for psychotherapy in the private sector and the therapist is absolutely brilliant. 

Do you have other diagnoses in addition to EUPD?

• paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    Was it inaccurate?

I know what you mean.  I’m very fortunate in that my two NHS therapy experiences were very positive.  I had psychotherapy with one amazing therapist and then a very long course of EMDR (trauma therapy) with a very good psychologist.  But I’ve previously met some vile NHS psychiatrists, including one woman who was just awful and came across like she really doesn’t get on with other women at all.  I recall reports from various psychiatric staff where they’ve felt the need to mention I’m dressed in “weather appropriate clothing” (do they expect me to be sitting there wearing a bikini?), that I make good eye contact and that I have “good self care” (I think they meant I just look like I actually shower and brush my teeth.)

I’m paying for psychotherapy in the private sector and the therapist is absolutely brilliant. 

Do you have other diagnoses in addition to EUPD?

They are clueless about MH issue and think unless you’re in the middle of a psychotic episode your are fine , terrible you had to go through that. I had a great NHS psychotherapist before last therapy, but the most recent therapy was absolutely awful and has made me lose faith in NHS MH services . If I get pip I think I’ll see if I can afford to pay for private therapy . 
    My diagnoses are panic disorder , EUPD , recurrent depressive disorder, OCD ,

TBH I actually think it’s really EUPD and all the others are co morbid . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.