Lovely surprise from DWP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lovely surprise from DWP

Options
paries1
paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
edited June 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)

Comments

• StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    What a great gift.  
    I hope you're OK.
    On top of everything else going on I've just been told that I've got Malnutrition by my doctor.  I knew I was losing weight but they've spelled out to me just how bad things are.  They said I've only been consuming about 500 calories per day (I think you're meant to have 3 x this at least as an adult).

Doctor seems to have no understanding whatsoever that I can't afford to eat more than one meal a day.
  • paries1
    Options
    What a great gift.  
    I hope you're OK.
    On top of everything else going on I've just been told that I've got Malnutrition by my doctor.  I knew I was losing weight but they've spelled out to me just how bad things are.  They said I've only been consuming about 500 calories per day (I think you're meant to have 3 x this at least as an adult).

Doctor seems to have no understanding whatsoever that I can't afford to eat more than one meal a day.
    Landed on my doorstep this afternoon, honestly these forms are so horrible . 

That’s terrible about your malnutrition, I hope the Dr will be supporting you through all of this ? Mine is useless. 

I hope you will be able to get lots of supporting evidence and then be given a paper assessment.  
  • StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    paries1 said:
    What a great gift.  
    I hope you're OK.

That’s terrible about your malnutrition, I hope the Dr will be supporting you through all of this ? Mine is useless. 

I hope you will be able to get lots of supporting evidence and then be given a paper assessment.  
    Thanks.  How long do you have before you have to send your completed UC50 form back to them?  Have you got some evidence to send them?
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    What a great gift.  
    I hope you're OK.

Thanks.  How long do you have before you have to send your completed UC50 form back to them?  Have you got some evidence to send them?
    I have until mid July :( and I’ll be sending it back as late as possible . 

I have quite a few old reports and I have 3 upcoming referrals so I’ll send them . 

When I filled in my previous 2 UC50 I have letters from therapists at that time  saying I was unfit for work then and I don’t know if I should just include them? 

This whole process is really horrible and honestly it makes me feel physically ill . 
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 364 Pioneering
    Options
    I am including a doctors letter from 2014! So I would include it anyway
  • paries1
    Options
    Ray212 said:
    I am including a doctors letter from 2014! So I would include it anyway
    Thanks Ray . 

Was that letter saying you were unfit for work in 2014 ? 
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 364 Pioneering
    Options
    It was actually a letter the doctor wrote for me for the assessment. Was Atos at the time! Just outlining my conditions etc
  • paries1
    Options
    Ray212 said:
    It was actually a letter the doctor wrote for me for the assessment. Was Atos at the time! Just outlining my conditions etc
    Thanks Ray 

I have a few that outlined my conditions and meds from therapists saying I was not fit to work , they are a few years old but I might as well include them as they are still relevant. 
  • trb10
    trb10 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    What a great gift.  
    I hope you're OK.

Is there a foodbank in your area that you could use?  There's no shame or embarrassment in using them.  You really need to be eating way more than 500 calories a day.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.