Bad Manners! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad Manners!

Options
john54
john54 Community member Posts: 69 Listener
Hello could you someone tell me if this has happened to them. But I was due to have a work capacity assessment today but after waiting by my phone for an hour. I phoned the centre to be informed that it was cancelled 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It does happen sometimes where they have to cancel appointments. I would have expected them to contact you to let you know though. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • john54
    Options
    Hello Poppy cancellation I can understand but not letting me know is really poor especially if it was the other way round I could if not likely have my benefits stopped 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am so sorry this has happened . There is nothing more frustrating that sitting waiting for a phone call then it does not happen. You get yourself all worked up, ready and nothing. Fingers crossed for next time. Take care. @john54
  • john54
    Options
    Thank you Beaver just think it's poor that they didn't let me know 
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    That is bad manners & form. I had mine cancelled, but at least I received a phonecall an hour or so before to apologise & let me know.
  • john54
    Options
    Hello Jessie as you can imagine I'm not very happy and I do feel I'm being victimised because I have cerebral palsy 
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    I can imagine, but I doubt very much you're being victimised, John, it's just that humans get things wrong sometimes & somewhere along that particular line they haven't done their job properly & in what is common courtesy. Which is really not good for you waiting, working yourself up as it is bad enough already so not nice to have to reset & go through the build up again. I really hope you hear from them very soon & actually get your assessment.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @john54 Just wanting to check in with you today :) Have you heard anything about a reschedule of your assessment? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • john54
    Options
    Hello Hannah not at the moment I assume I'll have wait yet again regards John 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry @john54 Hopefully they get it sorted for your quickly! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • john54
    Options
    Hopefully Hannah 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.