Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Mum 90 just got pension credit backdated from march will she get the COLP for 23/24

Options
erm
erm Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
Just a query Mum is over 90 she had asked ages ago about PC and was told because she had a small private pension and some money in the bank for her funeral she was advised she would not get PC, but I said phone and ask as the rules may have changed as I did an online thing which said she was entitled, so Recently she called and they have awarded her PC saying why did she not claim before as she had been entitled for years as disabled and nearly deaf and nearly blind. Will she get the COLP of £900 this year in 3 payments or has she lost out on that now!  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,448 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    For the first CoL payment of £301 paid between 25th April and 17th May 2023 she must have received a payment of PC between 26th Jan and 25th Feb 2023. If her PC was backdated to March then she will not qualify for that first payment.

There's another payment of £300 due sometime in the Autumn and a final payment due in Spring 2024 of £299. No further details have been announced for either of those yet but if she continues to receive PC then it's likely she will qualify.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.