Question about benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about benefits

Options
katrese
katrese Community member Posts: 53 Listener
how long is 8 weeks from 22.05.2023 I haven’t received my payment yet 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,824 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Those 8 weeks are just a guide, alot of people receive it before then. If they request the statement of reason it could be longer than 8 weeks. To answer your question it's 17th July.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katrese
    Options
    17th July meaning 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    katrese said:
    17th July meaning 

You asked how long is 8 weeks from 22nd May and the answer is 17th July.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • katrese
    Options
    Am so annoyed now as I want my money to pay bills 
  • katrese
    Options
    How long is it to wait for the letter 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I know it's frustrating but there's nothing more you can do but wait. DWP have as much chance as we do to appeal the decision. Before they can do this they need to request the statement of reasons within 1 month of the date of the decision.

They sometimes request it but rarely appeal it. If they request it, it doesn't mean they are appealing. They can only appeal if they find an error in law.

They send the decision letter about the same time they pay what they owe you. Up to about 8 weeks. You should receive the money owed before the decision letter.
  • katrese
    Options
    I have already said I did my hearing on 22nd and they awared me 
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Yes i know BUT DWP will still send you the decision letter with details of your award on it. The Tribunal awarded you but DWP need to put that award into payment.
  • katrese
    Options
    Ok thanks so I have won pip 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, the Tribunal awarded it to you. DWP need to put that award into payment, which can take up to about 8 weeks. Timescales are only ever a guide.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.