LCWRA / PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA / PIP

Options
paries1
paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
I’ve received my UC50 for an assessment and I called up PIP also to make my first pip claim . I’m feeling really overwhelmed by it all now and just feel like leaving everything. 
I don’t know why I thought I’d be able to cope with a UC50 and a PIP form and then possible having 2 assessments, just feeling really overwhelmed and don’t think I can cope with it all . I always do this and I never learn . 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try not to think of it all at once @paries1, if you can break it down into chunks. What needs your attention today, or this afternoon, or in the next hour? 

Do you have good support around you at home, or anyone you could go to for support? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,943 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would do the UC50 form first because this is more important for it to be returned. Break it down into sections and do a couple of questions each day. Once it's done then return it.

Then you can start on the PIP2 form. You can ask for an extension to return this one and they'll usually give you an extra couple of weeks. Again, do 2 or 3 questions per day so it doesn't become so overwhelming for you. You can send the same evidence for this as you're sending for the UC one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paries1
    Options
    I would do the UC50 form first because this is more important for it to be returned. Break it down into sections and do a couple of questions each day. Once it's done then return it.

Then you can start on the PIP2 form. You can ask for an extension to return this one and they'll usually give you an extra couple of weeks. Again, do 2 or 3 questions per day so it doesn't become so overwhelming for you. You can send the same evidence for this as you're sending for the UC one.
    Thanks Poppy , I just don’t know why I thought I could manage it . I really should’ve just got the UC out the way and then made my pip claim . I’ll try what you suggested . About a few question a day . 🙏
  • paries1
    Options
    Try not to think of it all at once @paries1, if you can break it down into chunks. What needs your attention today, or this afternoon, or in the next hour? 

Do you have good support around you at home, or anyone you could go to for support? :)
    Thx Alex , I’ll try and break it down into chunks. One of my main issues is getting really overwhelmed easily and then just shutting down . 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I can understand that @paries1, 'shutting down' is often a very natural coping mechanism.

I can see Poppy has also shared some really useful tips for breaking things down too!
    Perhaps the best thing is to be kind to yourself through all this :) 

The community is always here for support, so do reach out if we can help with anything!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Back in 2021 i had my daughters UC50 form. (first time claim) Then shortly after that i had her PIP review form, then my PIP review form came just a few weeks later. As her appointee i'm responsible for her claims too.

I did them but was completely wiped out in the end. I did one at a time in the order i received them. If you have a computer then you can do some and then save it for the next time. This way you won't have sheets of paper everywhere.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paries1
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Back in 2021 i had my daughters UC50 form. (first time claim) Then shortly after that i had her PIP review form, then my PIP review form came just a few weeks later. As her appointee i'm responsible for her claims too.

I did them but was completely wiped out in the end. I did one at a time in the order i received them. If you have a computer then you can do some and then save it for the next time. This way you won't have sheets of paper everywhere.
    Thx Poppy , it is really stressful . I did photocopy my evidence yesterday ( 2 copies of each for 1 for  UC and 1 for  PIP) so at least that’s done. I don’t know how you managed 3 forms 😬. My landlord has told me he’s selling the flat when his fixed rate mortgage ends too so that has really stressed me out as well . Everything happens at once :( 
    thanks again poppy 
  • paries1
    Options
    I can understand that @paries1, 'shutting down' is often a very natural coping mechanism.

I can see Poppy has also shared some really useful tips for breaking things down too!
    Perhaps the best thing is to be kind to yourself through all this :) 

The community is always here for support, so do reach out if we can help with anything!
    Thx Alex , I appreciate it 🙏
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It was stressful but i had no option but to carry on. I have the same issue with my home, my landlord is selling. It's up for sale as an investment property with sitting tenants or a family home. If it's sold as a family home and they think i'm moving out that easily then they can think again.
  • paries1
    Options
    It was stressful but i had no option but to carry on. I have the same issue with my home, my landlord is selling. It's up for sale as an investment property with sitting tenants or a family home. If it's sold as a family home and they think i'm moving out that easily then they can think again.
    Oh no , you’re going through the same thing. Is all really stressful isn’t it ? 
    My landlord is a rogue landlord and hasn’t done anything to the flat since he bought it over 20yrs ago . It should be licensed (HMO) because there are 3 of us here . The Council have told me I don’t need to move when he sells as his section 21 will be invalid. It’s ok for them to say that but when you’ve got all the stress it’s a different matter . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.