LCWRA / PIP and Work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA / PIP and Work

Options
paries1
paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
I’m currently LCWRA but have been sent a UC50 reassessment form , I’m also applying for PIP for the first time so have that form to fill in to. I was going to try and find part time work next year and come off LCWRA , but as they’ve sent the UC50 sooner than I thought I’m thinking I might try and find something sooner. I think I’m def continuing with PIP as this will absolutely help if Im only working part time. If I send the UC50 and get found fit for work does my rent and basic living still just continue ? Or if I just don’t send the form in what would happen ? Or if I get LCWRA and then decide I want to work part time would I just tell them to remove the LCWRA element? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,952 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    At the moment if you start working you'll need to report a change of circumstances and tell them that you're working. You will have the work allowance which means that £379/month of earnings you receive will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

If you start work then no, they will not just remove the LCWRA element. It's an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.

If you're found fit for work and you don't have children on your claim then you will not be entitled to the work allowance. This means that any earnings you recieve each month will reduce your UC by 55%. Whether there's any entitlement after that will depend on how much earnings you receive. The more you receive, the less UC you're untitled to and the less you receive the more you're entitled to.

If you don't send the UC50 form back then you could be found fit for work for failing to return it. Your other elements will continue but the LCWRA element will stop.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paries1
    Options
    At the moment if you start working you'll need to report a change of circumstances and tell them that you're working. You will have the work allowance which means that £379/month of earnings you receive will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

If you start work then no, they will not just remove the LCWRA element. It's an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.

If you're found fit for work and you don't have children on your claim then you will not be entitled to the work allowance. This means that any earnings you recieve each month will reduce your UC by 55%. Whether there's any entitlement after that will depend on how much earnings you receive. The more you receive, the less UC you're untitled to and the less you receive the more you're entitled to.

If you don't send the UC50 form back then you could be found fit for work for failing to return it. Your other elements will continue but the LCWRA element will stop.

Ok , thx poppy . 
    So I can actually work and earn upto £379 pm and still keep LCWRA ? And if I do start work it would just be reporting in on my journal ? This would ordinarily prompt them to send out a UC50 I presume ? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    paries1 said: So I can actually work and earn upto £379 pm and still keep LCWRA ? And if I do start work it would just be reporting in on my journal ? 
    Yes.
    paries1 said: This would ordinarily prompt them to send out a UC50 I presume ? 
    Only if the type of work you do contradicts the reason you were awarded LCWCRA,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • paries1
    Options
    calcotti said:
    paries1 said: So I can actually work and earn upto £379 pm and still keep LCWRA ? And if I do start work it would just be reporting in on my journal ? 
    Yes.
    paries1 said: This would ordinarily prompt them to send out a UC50 I presume ? 
    Only if the type of work you do contradicts the reason you were awarded LCWCRA,
    Thanks Calcotti :) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.