If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

untreatable

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,796 Disability Gamechanger
Seen three consultants at hospital today, not good news appears the problems with my eyesight might be permanent, got to wait MRI scan in 2 months but they don't hold out any hope, seems that the nerves behind my eyes are not the colour they should be and that my eyes do shake from side to side.
On the plus side at least I know that's how it is.

Cancelled my fourth counselling session tomorrow as I'm not unto talking at the moment.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you wanted @woodbine. I will still hold out hope for you and keep everything crossed for your upcoming MRI. Please remember we are here to support you <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,048 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m really sorry to hear this @woodbine, nothing to say that can help, but thinking of you
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,404 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no that's a shame @woodbine maybe the MRI will tell a different story and see what those results say 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,890 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sorry to hear that @woodbine heres hoping hoping the mri gives better news, take care my friend
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,099 Scope online community team
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Seen three consultants at hospital today, not good news appears the problems with my eyesight might be permanent, got to wait MRI scan in 2 months but they don't hold out any hope, seems that the nerves behind my eyes are not the colour they should be and that my eyes do shake from side to side.

Cancelled my fourth counselling session tomorrow as I'm not unto talking at the moment.
    I know you don't feel like talking at the moment @woodbine but that can be a sign that you really should go to the counselling session, it must be a lot for you to process right now. I'm so sorry the consultants didn't give news and I hope that the MRI shows a different story.

Did SM go to the appointments with you? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    Options
    woodbine said:

I know you don't feel like talking at the moment @woodbine but that can be a sign that you really should go to the counselling session, it must be a lot for you to process right now. I'm so sorry the consultants didn't give news and I hope that the MRI shows a different story.

Did SM go to the appointments with you? 
    yes she did as usual and  we were both disappointed but not totally surprised, it looks like my eyesight will never improve and might get worse but got to keep looking on the bright side, they don't think it likely the MRI will show anything new as I had a scan in March, at the end of the day its a mixture of the strokes/seizures and medication that have done the damage and may/will continue to do more damage.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,099 Scope online community team
    Options
    Has the hospital offered much emotional or practical support @woodbine? Such as accessibility ideas and things to help you adjust to the change in your eyesight? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    Options
    Has the hospital offered much emotional or practical support @woodbine? Such as accessibility ideas and things to help you adjust to the change in your eyesight? 
    Not yet Adrian but hopefully they will complete the paper-work so I can register as partially sited on my next visit after my scan.

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that @woodbine it's really sad to hear that something like that is untraceable. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.