Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
FREE Early Years Powered Mobility
Hi there, did you know that your child may be suitable for a Wizzybug powered wheelchair provided free of charge by the charity Designability? Wizzybugs are suitable from age 14 months to approx age 5 and are suitable for indoor/outdoor/off-road use. Families can self-refer using the application on our website here. Wizzybug appointments are held at our HQ in Bath, William Merritt Centre in Leeds and at Mae Murray Foundation in Northern Ireland. Families can keep Wizzybug for as long as it is suitable for their child when it is returned to us to be refurbished and sent out to another family to enjoy. For more information about Wizzybug and whether it might be suitable for your child, please see our website., facebook page or Instagram for some lovely stories of children enjoying their Wizzybugs 😊
Wizzybug is the fun and innovative powered wheelchair createdespecially for children under five. Designability run a loan scheme whichprovides Wizzybugs FREE to young disabled children all over the UK. Familiescan self-refer by completing the application form on our website here.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 86 Games lounge
- 473 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 644 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 819 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 875 Chronic pain and pain management
- 177 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.