Legalising drugs?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Legalising drugs??

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
Was reading Green Party's thingy on what they'd do if they got in power and they speak a lot about drugs and legalising certain ones and making others available on NHS.
I'm curious what people think about legalising cannabis both to grow and sell??

Every time I read a different argument on it I change my mind so I'm not certain what I think yet

Comments

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Options
    call me a cynical old man but it will just be another thing for the rich to grow the government to tax and the private growers will still be illegal same as they are doing with the electric give every household a few pounds out of the kindness of there hearts and hope they dont see the large jump in there electric bills  when they stop while the companies make silly amounts of profit to pay there share holders rant over lol
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think I would favour legalising all class A and B drugs, at the same time taxing them and using most of the tax to help people stop using them.
    The big plus is that it would take the criminal element out of the equation and help reduce the prison population.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.