Doctors strikes... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Doctors strikes...

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,752 Disability Gamechanger
Have you been affected by striking junior doctors or consultants?

The news today is that they are to strike at the same time from 2-4 of October for the first time.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,894 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    A family member was affected quite badly by both. They took almost 24 hours in A&E as there was a strike at the time and another strike when they were due to come out meaning they had to stay in hospital till they were finished striking - they could have gone home 2-3 days earlier. If you extrapolate that across the whole country probably results in a lot of a lot of unnecessarily clogged up hospital beds so bad for the taxpayer as well as new patients...

My post above is not a position on whether or not I support their demand for more pay just merely my experience.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,874 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Was going to say they were striking last week when my son was in hospital. This delayed his discharge too, also delayed him getting proper answers for his condition, until they came back to work. 
    I think if they want to strike then put ghost staff on, so there is always someone to cover. That's what carers have to do, they can't all go out on strike at the same time.  Altho my sons condition wasn't urgent needing theatre etc some one may be urgent. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.