HOTUKDEALS.COM — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HOTUKDEALS.COM

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,778 Disability Gamechanger
In these difficult financial times and with xmas approaching I use HDUK where people post local and national bargains they have found; this week I got a coat reduced from £115 for £5.99 and some walking boots reduced from £95 for £5.99 (should I be upto walking the dog in winter). Always worth a look to see what bargains are around and very useful if you cant get out much to look for the best buys.

(just to confirm I have no connections with the site)
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,949 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I also have no connection but if we are allowed to share helpful sites I use a site called "TopCashBack".

They have you click through their site to your usual shop before you buy something and they give you a % of your spend back for free. Usually around 2-6%.

Most retailers I find use it.

I have got £150 in the last 2 years just from getting cash back on purchases that I would have made anyway

Just be careful not to fall for buying something you don't need just because they are offering cash back.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am a massive fan of Top Cashback, earned around £3,000 over the years through them. When I help my older/more 'venerable' family members out with things that need doing online I use this in return for doing it (which they are very happy for me to do as they wouldn't have a clue and would pay over the odds for services otherwise!), that's where the bulk of the cashback has come from plus my own bills. 

Quidco is another great website, but for some reason Top Cashback is the winner for me.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,949 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yep @bg844 I buy things on behalf of older relatives as well, I just hope the benefits people don't use it as evidence as they will see multiple purchases for Fortnum and Mason and wonder why I purchased 3 mattresses in the space of one year lol.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,665 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm also a fan of HUKD and TCB. 

Don't think I've ever got such a good deal as those though!
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Yep @bg844 I buy things on behalf of older relatives as well, I just hope the benefits people don't use it as evidence as they will see multiple purchases for Fortnum and Mason and wonder why I purchased 3 mattresses in the space of one year lol.
    :D:D 
  • THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 209 Pioneering
    Options
    I used to use hotukdeals but found I was just buying stuff for the sake of buying.  Some great deals on the site though. Zilch is quite good, 2% back on purchases. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.