Expiry date — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Expiry date

Options
FluffyCatMeow
FluffyCatMeow Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi all,

my PIP was due to expire January of this year, but was extended to next month due to the COVID situation.

Earlier this year I received my review form for PIP and sent that back. I also informed them of a change of my circumstances.

I have heard nothing back from them about either of those.

I am confused (and panicking) about whether they’ll stop my PIP next month as I don’t have a further extension date, and I haven’t heard back re: the review form I sent, nor the change I told them about.

I tried ringing them but they’re closed, so I’ll obviously try again tomorrow but I was wondering if there’s anyone here who might have any idea of if my PIP will continue, please?

(the change I told them about isn’t enough for me to no longer qualify for PIP, if that makes a difference)

Thank you for any thoughts ☺️

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @FluffyCatMeow - your PIP will continue to be paid until a decision is made on your review (& hopefully continue after that!)
    I see you mentioned a change of circumstances earlier this year, so just wondering what you have actually reported. You've returned your review form, & also reported this change, is that correct?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are extremely long delays with PIP reviews so you could be waiting a considerable length of time. Your PIP will continue until a decision is made on your review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • FluffyCatMeow
    Options
    @chiarieds and @poppy123456 thank you for letting me know, it’s much appreciated!

@chiarieds yep, I returned the review form and then later in the year I reported a change (I can walk a bit further, which I’m pretty sure might take me a point lower than what I scored in my initial PIP thing, although I also pointed out that I can’t do that distance consistently but due to the possible point change I figured I’d let them know just to be on the safe side lol)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. My concern was that reporting a change of circumstances may lead to getting a new claim form to complete (& you'd recently completed your review form). It seems like that didn't happen, so hopefully all is well. If you can't do something the majority of the time, i.e. most days, then you'd be considered unable to do an activity.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews are taking months literally my OH returned hers 10 months ago and finally has a telephone assessment this week.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• FluffyCatMeow
    Options
    I just thought I’d do a quick update (I always like when there’s an update when I google something and find there’s been a solution lol) - I spoke to the DWP who then sent me a letter stating my PIP has been renewed for another year, even though I reported a change and have an assessment coming up (this afternoon - I’m so scared as they always make me feel even more ill)
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    Good luck with your assessment later on today. Take your time with it, and remember not to just give yes or no answers. They are extremely nerve wracking for most people. Please let us know how you get on if you can 🙂

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.