New wca has anybody had? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New wca has anybody had?

Options
Marley30
Marley30 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hello everyone, regards to the news wca.. has anyone had one and could tell me what it's like? Phone paper or face to face and do I need to get new medical records ready or do they go off the original ones? Anxiety already.. :(:(:( :(
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The WCA hasn't changed to what it's always been, it's not a "new" one. A review will be the same as your last one. You will be sent a ESA50 form for you to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. Most have asssessments which are mostly by telephone. Some are face to face or video call.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Ah ok thanks Poppy, so it's just exactly the same as the first one ? Ok thankyou:) 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes all WCA are the same. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Marley30

There is a lot more discussion on WCA and changes at the moment because of party conferences and preparations over the next year from all political parties for the next general election. Please try not to worry, it's just the topic at the moment, they'll all move onto something else soon.

As Poppy has said, nothing has changed. 

I am so sorry it has made you so anxious. Just know we are here if you need support :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Ah thank you so much @Hannah_Scope I'm trying not to worry, but my mental health is so bad and I know it's stupid but I still dread the letter coming through the door, I just get so anxious about everything, even my own Shadow, silly I know. I dont suppose you know anymore about the wca's and if more people are getting them? Etc, I haven't been on here for a while but maybe you have seen some more posts or know a little more ❤️ thankyou for your lovely message when I just read it now saying your there for me and all of us it really made my day and not so alone ❤️
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It isn't stupid, please try not to feel that way <3 

I am unsure if more people are getting them. I know there is still a backlog with the system in all areas so there may be delays. You are not alone. We are all here and all in it together! 

We have a Coffee Lounge, where we get to know each other, play games and have social chats. It may help keep your mind off things :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Awe thankyou @Hannah_Scope you have made me smile again, ok I will look at the coffee lounge thankyou ❤️
    Oh, sorry just one more question, poppy said I will receive an esa50 do you know if that's the same as a UC50 (I'm on UC) I can see on the government website I can download one? So perhaps I could do that and read through before it comes as I can't remember the last one..but I dont want to download and print the wrong one 🙈 happy Friday and thankyou so much again have s lovely weekend.. ❤️
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Both ESA50 and UC50 are identical, other than the name. The reason i mentioned the ESA50 was because you posted on the ESA section, not the UC section of the forum. You can download the form online but please do not send the form until you're referred and receive one in the post. If you return the form before you're referred they will ignore it.

As it's UC you're claiming then when it's time for a referral you will receive a letter on your journal telling you that they are referring you. A few days later you will receive the form in the post.

• Marley30
    Options
    Awww thankyou 🙏 I didn't realise I'd posted In The wrong part 🙈 DOH! Ah ok, no I won't send it until I get the letter, but perhaps it's a good idea to read through it so I know what to expect as I can't remember. Thanks again ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.